The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 2,671 through 2,685 (of 3,024 total)
  • Author
    greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3435

Secondly Tiger Roll was well beaten at Navan today perhaps Sam or anyone who watched could fill us in as I didn’t see the race but think he was about 30 lengths behind the winner.

Very slowly away and just had a nice schooling canter round the back then passed a horse or two in the last couple of furlongs. Pundits said as they were loading “he’s carrying a bit more condition than he will when he goes chasing” so he is probably as fat as a fool and they didn’t want to put too much pressure on his wind.

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10837

Thanks for the update green thought that might have been the case… :good:

Bet he was wondering why he was being squeezed into some corset like contraption before the off.. can just see him giving a little wiggle to free his over large tummy from the gates and then enjoying the fact that he wasn’t being asked to jump any fences..just a little stroll in the park before he gets back to the serious job of winning his 3rd National. :good:
    Jac
    :bye:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7727

Sorry about Red Rookie Jac, I was really disappointed with him. Travelled well and was
    trading at evens and 5/4 with 3f to go, and then went out like a light. Either he didn’t
    get the distance or something is amiss. I’ll be interested to hear what Emma Lavelle or
    Adam Vedge have to say. Not sure about the Ten To Follow now, he was a different horse
    to his last 2 runs.

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10837

No worries Graham RR tried his best and like you say hope all is well with him.

There was a mention that he overjumped the second last and then faded so he could have pulled something. If you were worried about your Ten to Follow you could always save him as a sub for later. Looks like he’s left you with a bit of a decision to make bit like me wondering whether to include BDM in my list this time. :wacko:
    Hope we make the right choices.. :rose:
    Jac

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7727

I think you’re right Jac, I watched the race a few times earlier on, and RR hurdled well
    enough for a 1st time over jumps. He travelled well, as I said he was trading about even
    money before the 2nd last where he jumped it like a chase fence. As soon as he landed he
    started to back peddle. For what it’s worth my theory is that something happened either
    just before the hurdle which made him jump like that, or on landing just after he’s done
    something. As you say, it leaves me with a problem now as to whether I include him in my
    Ten To Follow, and if this is something he’ll recover from quickly. Personally I’d like to
    see him back over 2m as he travels well and can quicken (just not today :unsure: )

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10837

He could have just been looked after Graham as we are left to wonder what he could have achieved. What a shame as he was doing so well and was expected to win.
    Look out for any trainer/jockey quotes to try to find out what caused him to be eased so dramatically.

Look forward to getting our lists up and running and starting the comp.
    Envoi Allen most popular choice as star horse so far and Andre’s star find last year Honeysuckle also very popular and her unexpected success last year shows how a Rookie might climb to great heights. ;-) good luck with your final decisions Graham. :rose: Jac

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7727

I’ll have a couple at Cheltenham today. I was a bit late getting organised so I’ll
    post one that’s running in 5 mins. I’ve gone for Finisk River at 8/1 Paddy Power.
    He was impressive at Cartmel and did everything bar win last time out giving weight. He
    has to give weight here too, but I’m hoping he’s up to it :good:

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7727

I hope Finisk River is alright, that was a crashing fall.

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 565

I’m excited to see the lists & to get the comp started too Jac! No surprise that Envoi Allen is on a lot of lists, I’m guessing he’ll be on mine too ;-) I try and get a balance between hurdlers, chasers & novices so not all my “eggs” are in one basket, with a couple of hidden gems thrown in.

I was hoping Cheltenham would be on TV over here, but apparently not. :scratch: I have the day off and was going to enjoy the races & maybe find a horse or two for my TTF.

Good Luck with your picks today – a little bookie bashing is overdue!

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7727

Good luck with your TTF Andre, it’s one of the toughest. You might have to find a new Honeysuckle
    to get an edge Andre, it’s the dark horses that make the difference in this competition, it’s
    just that finding then without your crystal ball is pretty tough. Good luck :good:

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 565

Thanks Graham! Good luck to you too mate. :good: Finding that balance between the star horses that most people have and the hidden gems/dark horses seems to be the key. Getting a good mix of hurdlers, chasers and novices helps too. Should be a lot of fun again. :yes:

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7727

Chancing Fix Sun at 17/2 3.00 Cheltenham

Bit of a shock when he was beaten at 1/6 last time out at fakenham but prior to
    that had looked fairly useful, albeit in mediocre company. If he can be forgiven
    for whatever ailed him last time out he seems big enough in the market.

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7727

Couldn’t get on, had a break in my broadband but got it back just in time,…………

CONGRATS! 🤑
    YOU HAVE WON £300.00
    W
    2. Rouge Vif
    5/1
    23rd Oct CHELTENHAM 15:35 HANDICAP CHASE 1m 7f 199y – Win
    15:35 23 October 2020
    Best odds
    Stake
    £50.00
    Returns
    £300.00
    Bet ID: O/4733706/0004420

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 565

Nice one Graham! Rouge Vif looked very good today! (Yes Cheltenham is finally on TV here!) Maybe a TTF dark horse lol

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7727

Thanks Andre, I had reported a fault with my landline and on my BT it said it may effect
    broadband whilst they sort it, but I was horrified when I was going to back it just after
    the 3.00 race, that I had no connection. I was sweating a bit and only got it back about
    2 mins before the off :whistle: I got it on bang on off time, too late to type it up,
    which is why pasted the betslip rather than aftertime it. He did win it quite easily in
    the end, so as you say it throws another spanner into the works for the TTF. Looking
    forward to Saturday at Cheltenham, that’s me finished for the day :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 2,671 through 2,685 (of 3,024 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.