The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 2,431 through 2,445 (of 2,691 total)
  • Author
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10635

After a very quiet day when only two of us (BigG & Triptych) found winners..

Graham (BigG)
    New Mandate
    .. 9/4 .. 2 Points
    Mystery Angel .. 13/2 …………6.5 points
    8.5 points

Jac (Triptych)
    New Mandate .. 9/4 ………2 points
    Vale Of Kent .. 5/1 ……..5 points
    7 points

So here is the….
    FINAL RESULT of the Newmarket Mini Comp on Meydan Thursdays ,,, (drum rolllll)

NWALTON……16 Points :yahoo: Wins the contest…well done Nick nobody could catch you. :good:
    Nathan Hughes.. 13 Points
    BigG ……….. 12.5 Points
    Triptych……….. 11.5 Points
    Sporting Sam …. 9.5 Point
    Euroalien …..2 Points

Really enjoyed the contest on 3 very unpredictable days where the unexpected was always going to happen and unbelievable although he only ended up with 2 points Andre (Euroalien) had 3 winners on the first day. :good:

The 40/1 Cambridgeshire winner Majestic Dawn spoiled a lot of our chances not only here but on the main Forum Competition Thread and I think the scoring there will also be low, but what a fantastic triumph for Paul Hanagan returning from the most dreadful injury where he must have wondered if he would ever ride again.
    When I looked at the write up on the horse I couldn’t believe that they let him go off at that price, a known front runner it was only when tried on the AW that he so obviously hated that he came last, he won’t be that price again but one to follow on from that win. :good:

Finally condolences to BigG who didn’t manage to peg back Yeats in the Daylight Competition today. I know you’ll be feeling disappointed but you beat off all the opposition and with Yeats having that 8 point advantage going into the 2nd week it was always going to be difficult to gain the upper hand and you put up some stella choices not afraid to plump for the double figures, just one of those winning would have done it for you today..so well done Graham for making the final 2. :rose:

Looking towards Sunday I’ve just noticed that my Danzeno will be running, so here I go again…back to following my cliff horses.

Really enjoyed the compy and once again congratulations to Nick (nwalton) OUR WINNER. :yahoo:
    Jac :heart:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 501

Well done Nick!

That was a rough three days. :scratch: :wacko: Love the write-ups Jac, thanks for doing this for us, it was a lot fun.

Sorry about the cup Graham, you did great just getting that far.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7582

Great stuff Nick, a well deserved winner :yahoo:

Thanks for your and Jac’s comments about the Cup, I’ve no problems there. I was
    more than happy getting to the final, some days it’s just not going for you, I’m
    well used to them. Onwards and upwards :good:

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1092

Well done Nick. Great picks!

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2169

Tough week and I really didn’t stay the trip
    Thanks for all the well done’s
    Great thread as we have said on Manny occasions, thanks Jac for the time and effort you put in. :heart:
    Roll on Meydan :good:
    Anything anyone would like to put up after this meeting going into the classics for next year?

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10635

Anything anyone would like to put up after this meeting going into the classics for next year?

The horse that impressed me most of the two year olds Nick was Royal Champion who won the very first race of the meeting beating Godolphin’s Toromona comfortably. Trained by Roger Varian and by Sharmadal he holds an entry for the 2021 Derby. He’s currently best priced 50/1 with Unibet on Oddschecker and I’ve put him into the AP contest tonight. :good: Jac

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10635

Glad you all enjoyed the compy and the write ups Andre. :good:
    I got a lot of practice doing them when I was running the Select 3 Horses competition that TKF has now kindly taken over. It was before you joined us on TRF and was enjoyable, but like Bob and his 4PP it was nice to hand it over and play as a contestant or in Bob’s case skive off to play bowls..lol ;-)
    Jac

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22778

Nice going Nick, you deserved it
    Thanks for keeping score Jac,
    my highlight was Walton Street
    I picked as I always including him in the Godolphin comps but he never seemed to score on them in fact he hardly ran so good to see him running so well

Member since March 2008
    EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 501

The one that impressed me the most over the weekend, although not at Newmarket, was High Definition, his win at the Curragh was impressive and O’Brien has a serious looking Derby horse. Just put him in the AP contest.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10635

:yes: Good choice Andre. Saw HD win from a nigh on impossible position yesterday..lovely action just ate up the ground a real Classic horse in waiting. :good:

@Nathan

Lovely to see Walton Street get his win at HQ especially as Loxley was also running. Good tipping. :good:
    Isabella Giles and Kameko made Day 2 a great one for you. :good:

My best moment was Vale Of Kent fighting out the finish in the last race on Saturday with Gallipoli, it wasn’t on TV but it was so exciting as Gallipoli got the upper hand but Vale of Kent fought back and won. He only wins about one race a year now so glad I got him on a going day yesterday. ;-) Jac

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7582

Andre I had a few quid on High Definition, only because I had picked him
    out on my ITV7 and it came up as a live race. If I had a ticket for the bet,
    I’d have tossed it in the bin with a furlong to go. What a turn of foot he
    had.

The one which I noted a couple of weeks back was Star Seeking. She’s one of
    Michael Stoute’s and has only had the one run at Leicester and was still learning
    but when she got pushed along coming into the last furlong she left everything
    in her wake. IT shows she only won by 1L, but that’s only because William Buick
    eased up on her about 50 yards from home. She could have won by 20 lengths if he
    kept her up to her work. I’ve put her up for the 1000 Guineas at 33/1 and had a few
    quid on. For a 1st run she’s the most impressive I’ve seen this year.

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 501

Good spot Graham. I just watched the finish of Star Seeking’s race. Very impressive turn of foot. She looked green so should come on well for that run. Could be a good call for the 1000 Guineas.

So many possibilities to keep track of!

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10635

Just got two horses from my list to back in the last two races at Nottingham today ..no surprises that one of them is Danzeno :heart: .

Both trained by Mike Appleby and hit or miss horses so proceed with caution but I always follow them so here goes…

Nottingham
    4.25 .. Danzeno .. Win 5/2
    5.00 .. Case Key ..EW 10/1

Both in an EW Double

Case Key won the grey horse race at Newmarket in 2019 and I’ve been lucky enough to back him when he’s come home at a big price. :good: Today hoping he has that going day and same with the lovely Danzeno who just miseed out on victory last time out..Go on boys.. :good:

@Graham

Nice pick with Star Seeking :good: One to take on Indigo Girl in the Guineas market.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10635

Danzeno 2nd again just when he looked like he could take it up and win :scratch:

Case Key virtually pulled up again at the back in thd 5.00pm I hope he’s ok (think he is). Could probably do with a rest now.

Not much lost so onwards towards Arc weekend. :good:
    Jac

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7582

Jac thanks very much for the glowing recommendation over on the Daylight Cup final
    round up, it is much appreciated :rose:

Viewing 15 posts - 2,431 through 2,445 (of 2,691 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.