The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 2,281 through 2,295 (of 2,730 total)
  • Author
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10658

Thanks Nick :good: I think I was being over optimistic about getting a place at the races this week considering how many Members there are but a racing friend and I are going to Newmarket in 2-3 weeks to meet up for early breakfast and a walk up Warren Hill to watch the horses on the gallops then onto the Horseracing Museum and Lunch at The Tack Room :good:
    It’s a lovely place to be early morning if not a bit nippy but nothing that a bacon sarny can’t cure.. B-)

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 509

I’m not sure if Sea Of Faith will run at Newmarket or not Jac, I probably should have waited, but I’m so far behind in the AP Comp that I’m not sure it matters at this point. Also, thanks for noticing I missed the W/EWay on my AP entries. I will go fix that.

That sounds like a really good day out Jac. A bacon sarny is the best, well I’d take a full English breakfast but the sarny is a little easier to make!

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7604

The Strange tale of Merry Milan 3.30 Warwick

Had a quick shufty through them before turning the light off last night and noticed this one.
    On the face of it on recent, in fact on all form, he would be hard to put up. I like to look
    for that chink of light and what I noticed was that he was given an initial mark of 125 after
    chasing home Champ, upsides at the last, and then left 10L behind in the run-in, in a Novice
    Hurdle 2 years ago. That turned out to be a ridiculous mark, as Champ basically did no more
    than he had to so you couldn’t compare the 2. He’s never looked like winning in his 11 runs
    since then and his mark has been dropping down ever since to 113. The 2 favourites Present
    Chief and Neville’s Cross both won last time out in very average looking races and were hammered
    10lbs and 9lbs. It’s not that I thought Merry Milan was any great shakes, just that I thought
    the others weren’t either and he wasn’t penalised for a poor win. He was the outsider of 5 and
    I chanced a bit of 9/1 with Betvictor (at 01.12). Woke this morning and the joint javourite
    Neville’s Cross is a non runner, at 13/8 a reduction of 35p would return him about 6/1, and he
    was generally 11/2. I checked in a short time ago and he’s been gambled into generally 11/4
    (100/30 in a place) and is 2nd favourite. I still expected him to be the outsider of the 4
    so it looks like they fancy him a bit. I don’t know how much value he is at 11/4, but at 6/1
    I think that’s fairly decent. I hope it’s stable money, I can’t think of his form attracting
    too many, unless there were some anoraks like me mulling over them this morning :wacko:

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7604

Well he didn’t win, but was only pegged back when he tired in the last 100 yards of 3m 2f.
    Considering he had been off for 212 days, that was his best run in a very long time and the
    market indicated he had been showing up well at home. If he’s left about that mark I’ll keep
    him in mind next time out.

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10658

Just saw your post Graham and sounds like Merry Milan made a brave effort after such a long race to win that, surely one to keep in mind as you say and nice that you’re flagging up some jumps horses for us to follow through the upcoming season so look forward to more to come. :good:

I’m saving my powder now for the 3 day Cambridgeshire meeting coming up which you may have heard by now Newmarket have pulled out of the the pilot scheme due to the new restrictions being brought in from Oct.1st it just isn’t worth their time and effort going ahead if future meetings are off the agenda. Disappointing for the sport but without going on about it..we’ll get through this. :good:

Get burning that midnight oil for our mini comp starting Thursday and hopefully between us all we can give Paddy another bashing. :yes: Jac

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10658

Hope SOF keeps her entry Andre would love to see her again we should find out more tomorrow.

Yes the bacon sarny is for just after the early morning gallops around 7.00am then we head up town for the full English. ;-) That Newmarket air gives you a really good appetite dont know how those jockeys manage to keep the weight off. B-)

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10658

Going for a last minute bet in the..

8.10 Newcastle
    Fresh Snow .. 13/2 .. Win

By my lovely Dark Angel and Snow Rose she didnt get the best of starts last race ridden by Oisin Murphy think she was expected to do better and will be closer tonight. :good:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10658

No luck for Fresh Snow but a nice performance by Serenading so she goes in the book.. :good:

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7604

Like you Jac I was going to hang on until the Newmarket meeting later in the week,
    but I can’t resist having a last bet on the Kerry National at Listowel. I’ve written
    a bit in the big races thread so I’ll just copy it here

I thought I’d mention Jac that I just clocked your thread has over 20,000 views. That’s
    staggering and it’s been a joy to be involved in it. Well done :rose:

Here’s my bit, good luck all

I quite fancy Robin Des Foret for this. I know that it’s been said he has a problem
    finishing off his races, that he doesn’t find much, but I didn’t see much evidence
    of that last time when he came through the line of 4 horses before the last to hit
    the front. Mortal did collar him late on, but they both left the rest behind, I just
    think he was beaten fair and square. He was giving 7lbs to Mortal but he receiving
    4lbs from him here and that’s a turnaround of 11lbs. I’d fancy him to turn the tables
    there. Similar story 2 runs back at Killarney when he was a bit skew-whiff at the last,
    lost a bit of momentum, but chased Peregrine run home. He’s 2lbs better off with that
    one. I’ve taken the 5 places E/W with William Hill (Paddy Power are 6 places but 12/1).

Robin Des Foret 14/1 5 places

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 509

I read an interesting piece about Generation Gap in the 16:50 @ Perth on Wednesday. Might be worth a look. He’s also the Timeform pick in the race at around 6/1

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7604

Cheers Andre, I’ve just watched his last 3 races, and he’s doing all his best
    work in the final furlong. He looks like he’s been crying out for the raise
    to 2m 4f. I’m still sitting on a nice bit from Outonpatrol, many thanks to
    you, so I’m not chancing missing out on this one. I like the look of him Andre.
    I didn’t get the 6/1, but I’m happy with the 5s :good:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10658

Certainly with you on Robin de Foret Graham thanks for copying that over. I think Mortal saved himself from a trip to the sales the day he beat him but has been an unreliable jumper in the past..
    I will also have a saver on Ravenhill who almost won this last year and try for a hopeful forecast. :good:

Thanks for the mention of 20000 plus views for the Thread..who on earth has been making so many visits :wacko:
    We’ve had (and are still having) a lot of fun and keeping each other going through this ongoing lockdown…I hope this Thread has helped us all a little talking about family and horses, finding some nice winners (consoling each other over the losers) and getting one up on the bookies. :good:
    I’m also learning a lot more about golf and footy than I ever knew before. B-)

Andre thanks :good:
    Will make sure I get a small bet on Generation Gap tomorrow. best of luck :bye:
    Jac

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10658

Got the 14/1 Robin de Foret Graham and 10/1 Ravenhill :good:
    Will have a double with Andre’s horse Generation Gap in the morning. :good:

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 509

Good Luck with your bets guys!

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2169

Just playing the one today.
    Slight worry about the bounce factor, but will
    back High End win/place so if a N/R will still
    get 123, currently around 9/2 mark, anything above
    evens in the place market will do
    Good luck all :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 2,281 through 2,295 (of 2,730 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.