The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 2,266 through 2,280 (of 2,675 total)
  • Author
    EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 495

Well done Graham!! :yahoo: Love to see it

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7575

Cheers Andre, it all worked out pretty well :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10628

:yahoo: Brilliant news Graham :yahoo:
    Those golf odds are incredible compared to racing odds and your knowledge of the sport definitely gives you the edge over the bookies..hope that dream trip to The States is on the cards soon. :good:

The ‘Daylight’ is a tricky contest to win but just getting to the Final is worth a celebration in itself everything else is a bonus. :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10628

Well done to Liverpool Nathan :yahoo:
    I didn’t watch so hope you got first goal scorer. :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7575

Cheers Jac and Andre, it was a very good night :good:
    You’re right Jac, I’m happy just having got to the final of the Daylight Cup.
    If I can put up a respectable score, win or runner up, I’d settle for that :good:

I had a look through them this morning, as my tracker threw up one and I spotted one that’s
    quite decent over the jumps that’s running of the flat at Hamilton. Neither unfortunately
    at big prices.

2.45 Warwick – Templepark 11/4 William Hill

He’s a summer horse, but he’s got his ground today and no threat of rain. 2 1/2 miles is ideal,
    he’s once run here, and just got caught after the last over 3m whuch stretches him. He’s obviously
    in decent form after his break with 2 wins and 2 2nds over hurdles in July and August at Newton Abbot.
    He’s over fences today, but he’s just as at home over them having won a couple of times

3.55 Hamilton – Nietzsche 3/1 William Hill

He’s a decent hurdler/chaser that has run some decent races on the flat for Brian Ellison.
    He ran his first race on the flat for a year at York over 12f earlier this month where he
    finished 4th, the race report says “every chance, weakened 1f out” (beaten 3 3/4L). I think
    we were watching different races. If a horse is asked for his effort and tires, then “weakened
    1f out” would be fair comment, but when he’s barely ticked in the last furlong, I think the
    polite way of putting it is tendely ridden, but it wasn’t a kick in the shirt off of asked
    for no effort. I’ve no doubt he could have finished closer if he chose to do, so off 1lb
    lower in this Veteran’s handicap, and off the lowest mark he’s had in the past 4 years I think
    he must have more than a decent chance.

I’ve stuck a mug’s double on just in case. That will do for me today. Good luck Andre with
    Outonpatrol at Warwich today, he definitely looks an interesting one. Good luck Jac and anyone
    else having a go today :good:

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22772

BigG, what a great result for you in the golf… :good:
    best of luck with today’s selections, Nietzsche is one I have done before so may have a play when I get home
    Jac, no, big Virgil didn’t score first, we had plenty of corners which got the heart ticking but he didn’t manage to get his head on them. Mane got both goals for Liverpool, I have him at 16’s to end the season top scorer so was happy with that.
    Daz who has Calvert Lewin for the same market scored a hattrick, so I have temporary given the men in the white coats a day off although they keep me busy most of the time anyway

Member since March 2008
    nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2169

Well done on the golf Graham

No complaints about Chelsea’s result yesterday, we have a long way to go, but if we finish above spurs I’ll be a happy man

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7575

Andre!!! what a tip that was…..Outonpatrol 10/1 winner :yahoo: :good: :yahoo:

I nearly missed it as well, I had a look at her earlier and thought she
    looked worth a punt. I was out and got back in just after the race
    went off, but I managed to grab it in-running at 8/1. I’ve got you
    to thank for this one mate :good:

CONGRATS! 🤑
    YOU HAVE WON £285.00
    W
    10. Outonpatrol
    8/1
    17/2
    21st Sep WARWICK 15:15 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 5f 0y – Win Only BIR
    15:15 21 September 2020
    Power up
    Stake
    £30.00
    Returns
    £270.00
    £285.00
    Bet ID: O/4733706/0004347

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10628

Great tip Andre really well done and Graham too for getting on :yahoo:

I totally missed it as was in and out for most of the day and decided not to have a bet today..silly me but so pleased that it all came good for you two. :good:

Still waiting for my email to say I can go to Newmarket on Saturday but no sign of it yet and I think that means I’m not going. :cry:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7575

I hope that you still get your tickets Jac, I know the Govt are clamping down, but
    the racecourses have a much better system for keeping people apart and safe, than
    your average supermarketand pub. I hope they get a vaccine soon, I think that a lot
    of people are losing patience and the Govt are going to be struggling to get them
    to adhere to the regulations. I fear this is going to get worse before it gets better.

Anyway, I was glad to see the 1st one of my 2, Templepark get home in front, just a
    pity Nietzsche couldn’t do the double. He missed the break, looked like that was the
    plan, and he was right out the back for most of the race. He was pulled wide in the
    straight, and was closing all the time and although he finished 5th he was only beaten
    just over 2L. The handicapper might drop another 1lb off him, he’s definitely one to
    keep an eye on. That’s 2 races where he should have finished better. I wonder if they
    have a handicap in mind for him ;-)

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10628

Nice one with Templepark Graham and shame Nietzsche didn’t make the double for you but one for next time maybe. :yes:

You must be partying day and night in the Clarke household :yahoo: keep them coming Graham and everyone. :good:

Newmarket did say they would send emails today for Members to register their contact details online etc. so my last hope is that as I just applied for Saturday only it may come tomorrow although being realistic I think a lot of that 1000 is going to be made up of owners, trainers and sponsors who will bring family leaving around 5-600 spaces for Members per day..but hey it will be great to see it happen and I’ll still have the best seat in the house. :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10628

Thanks for that heads up on Sea Of Faith in the Muhaarar Graham on your round up of the Tote 10 To Follow thread.. :good:
    Like you I don’t see her turning up for this and I’ve already done
    Queen Daenerys EW at 14/1 in the AP contest, I remember notebooking her when she won a Listed fillies race at Newmarket this time last season and she looks like she has gone on to improve nicely beating her half sister the fancied Bonne Idee at Longchamp last time out so this Group 3 is well within her grasp. :good:

I do like Darren’ choice Katara but was looking for a little bit more value in this really competitive contest..looking forward to it. :good:

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 495

Glad you got on Outonpatrol Graham!! Well done mate :yahoo: Just watched the race, thought she stayed on well.

Hope you get the email you want from Newmarket Jac!

I need to look at some of the AP opportunities. There’s only one way to go in that contest.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10628

Good luck with your AP bets Andre and noticed you have taken the 11/1 Sea Of Faith in The Muhaarar, really hope she turns out for it as will definitely back her on the day if she does.

:mail: You may have already seen but I think you need to just pop back and tell Vtc if those latest AP bets are Win or EW as you forgot to say when you posted. :mail: easily done I’ve made that mistake myself before.
    Best of luck ..Jac :rose:

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2169

Well done Andre and fingers crossed for you Jac :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 2,266 through 2,280 (of 2,675 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.