The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 2,146 through 2,160 (of 2,467 total)
  • Author
    nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2128

Thank you baldy for the extra place, saved my bacon

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10491

Oh no Pitchers Point didn’t act at all well on the turf :scratch: unable to quicken.
    Dublin Pharaoh very impressive.

All down to Rose Grey in the lucky last and have taken some 7/2 win as she has drifted a bit. Fingers crossed. Jac :good:

@nick

Unlucky with Lavenders Blue today but at least 3rd gets a small win return. :good:
    Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10491

Ouch..not to be today and apologies Andre I hope you didn’t stake too much on the Doyler double that wasn’t to be.
    :wacko:

Having watched the results over the past week and taking into account the defeats of Pinatubo,Ghaiyyath, Stradivarius and Limato I get the feeling that we are now treading new ground and that lightly raced horses are coming to their own as we head toward the backend of the flat season. So I”m going to try to look further than my old favourites who have served me so well up to now and look for the new kids on the block that are running fresh and coming home at good EW prices.
    I did say ‘try’ :scratch:

It won’t be easy to find them but I bet over the next 3 to 4 weeks a fairly lightly raced colt or filly will come to the forefront of betting for next years Classics. :good:

1’m going to have a go at finding him/her but it won’t be easy especially not being at the races and it usually occurs around the future Champions meeting at Newmarket when a looked after horse comes good:

Good luck. :bye: Jac

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5926

Any views on racing at Weekend guys

BIELSIA 16/1 Gold cup

LAZULI 4/1 Dubai aiport trophy
    FOX CHAIRMAN 11/4 Dubai legacy cup

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2128

Found it one of the hardest seasons for a long while Jac.
    They crammed in so much quality early season that now we maybe seeing(as you say) a few horses going over the top.

Talking with my son (who does the sprints for us) he is on board with you Darren in Gold Cup.

Hate calling him a bit of a rogue but Desert Encounter interests me with sky bet (Newbury) 9/2 . Played ew 1,2.

Good luck :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10491

Agreed Nick a very hard season indeed. :yes: Think Godolphin have been very hit and miss with their newcomers at Newmarket this season they have had more success in France and Germany this season chasing the higher prize money. Top trainers lke Gosden suffering also with owners transferring their horses abroad for the same reason. It’s been a season like no other but we’re still here trying to sort them out ;-) Jac

Love Desert Encounter :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10491

Ha ha had to laugh aftet all I said about not following my old favourites..

GUESS WHO’S RUNNING TOMORROW NATHAN?

:heart: So Beloved :heart:
    4.30 Ayr – 11/2

Unbelievable price considering he hasn’t won a race for 4 years but have to take into consideration that he has been dropped down to Class 4 when he has been a Group contender.
    Would love to see the ‘tall handsome fella’ win a race and this is probably his best chance (if he knew it) and David O’Meara has put Ray Dawson on board.

What do you think Nathan and Graham ?? ..Is tomorrow his day or will Paddy be grinning from ear to ear waiting to bag our cash. B-) Jac

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 447

No worries Jac. I followed you on ADV for the AP Comp :)

It’s been a very tough season to find winners, couldn’t agree more!

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10491

:good: Thanks Andre lets hope Air De Valse gets us some good points in the AP contest.. I would even forgive her if she beat Glass Slippers. :rose:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10491

Going with my lightly raced horses theme today and taking a chance on ..

DUBAI ICON .. 3.00 Ayr .. 4/1

Last seen at Meydan 27th February when he ran 1/2 length 2nd to Simsir in a good class race over 1m2f where he was only headed in the closing stages.
    Hoping this will prove easier for him and the boys in blue can get one home for us today. :good:

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22650

So Beloved is out to 8’s now Jac,
    I’m waiting for him to hit that price with the firms going 4 places before I go in each way
    The closest he has got in terms of beaten distance this year is in his only race over 7f although I’m not sure if he is better over a mile as tends to stay on late in the day
    I think this is the 1st time So Beloved has run at Ayr and also has a new jockey on board in Ray Dawson who takes 5 off. He won on Waliyak the other week if my memory serves me right and I thought he look a good little jockey in the making.

Member since March 2008
    nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2128

Only four runners in Desert Encounters race on Saturday.

Good luck with So Beloved today :good:

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2128

Also good luck with Desert Icon Jac.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10491

Thanks Nick :good: Both the ‘Deserts’ are good horses.

@Nathan

I’m doing the same as you Nathan

I didn’t take the 11/2 So Beloved and now at 8/1 that looks a more solid EW bet..going to wait and see how Dubai Icon gets on before I do him..best of luck..Jac :good:

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 447

I need all the help I can get in the AP contest Jac – dead last by a long way!

I like your “lightly raced” idea Jac, it’s all about finding the right one :scratch: Hope Dubai Icon romps home for you. I see he’s down to 10/3 in some places…. Keep an eye on Glasses Up in the same race, he’s a 4 time C&D winner at Ayr out of 5 runs.

Good luck with all your bets today everyone.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,146 through 2,160 (of 2,467 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.