The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 2,131 through 2,145 (of 2,465 total)
  • Author
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

I’ve missed most of the racing today, just catching up and I see you had quite a day Jac.
    Well done with Thunder Moon, 15/2 was a very nice price :good: Pity that passion couldn’t
    give you the double but a very good day nonetheless :good:

Bad luck with Lucky Vega’s run Andre, would have gone close without the trouble in running.
    I had an early stab at them which didn’t go well, I’m hoping I might have more success in
    the golf tonight, I’ve got Harry Higgs in the Safeway Open, he’s 1 off the lead in the final
    round at 80/1 6 places, so I’m hoping for a place at least. He tees of at 9.50pm so it looks
    like another late night for me. I’ll check back in tomorrow :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5926

Well done guys with your winners only 2winners today AVD 11/4 but happy with Search For A Song 10/1 irish leger :yahoo:

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2128

Well done Jac :good: and other winners today
    Not long to the meydan festival :wacko:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10489

Ha ha yes Nick the Meydan Festival ..the reason this Thread was started way back in January, remember it well. :yes:

Have to say great relief to see Glass Slippers and Thunder Moon come home today as Paddy Power was rubbing his hands yesterday having taken quite a bit of my cash but today he paid it back with interest and restored my faith… yes the Glass Slippers/Passion Double would have been the icing on tbe cake but like Nathan’s Snowfall she was a talented filly out of her depth and her day will come again. :good:

Hope you managed a few winners today Nick :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10489

Thanks Graham :good: it came together nicely today and pleased to see Darren continue to get one or two home also. :good:
    Jac

@Darren
    ..Think we have a couple of 2yo’s
    for the classics to hope for along with your Battleground…

THUNDER MOON -2000 Guineas
    INDIGO GIRL – 1000 Guineas
    SNOW LANTERN – 1000 Guineas

The latter a daughter to Frankel and flying grey Sky Lantern a 1000 Guineas winner and John Gosden trained Indigo Girl is a sister to Journey the Champion Fillies and Mares Stakes winner..looks very much like her too. :rose:
    Jac

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2128

Backed two that ran like drains Jac :negative:
    An old Meydan friend Simsir got me a couple of pennies back by finishing 5th at 20s PP
    Small losing day

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10489

Thank goodness for those extra places Nick and good luck for future bets. :good:

Even though I had a good day yesterday I was kicking myself as Air de Valse the niece of Cirrus des Aigles that I had been following won at Longchamp yesterday and I missed her. :wacko:

I didnt look at my stable notifications from Sporting Life until 1.30 as we had the family round in the morning and it was quite hectic with the new puppy and two girls running about.

When I got to take a glance at the card it was too late she had won the 1.00 at Longchamp..Im so pleased for her owner trainer, Mme barande-barbe who loves her to bits, but so cross at myself for not scanning through all the cards earlier..that will teach me lol..cry

Im having a quiet day today watching some of those great races from the weekend over again

Have a good week Nick and all :bye: Jac

PS. Did anyone see Piers Morgan’s Life Stories interview with Captain Tom last night?.. amazing :heart:
    Catch it if you can.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5926

ETONIAN 33/1 2000 guineas

My 2yo trip for this race not sure on derby or 1000 guineas yet good luck with those to.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10489

Best of luck with Etonian Darren, think he goes for the Dewhurst next and hope we get the chance to see Battleground again too.. :rose: Jac

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 447

Very happy Air de Valse won over the weekend Jac. Was a big fan of Cirrus des Aigles. I found an article, I think it was on Racing Post were the trainer talked about her. She’s going to try the Prix de L’Abbaye with her. Should add a little extra spice to that big race!

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10489

I read that too Andre it was a lovely article and her owner/trainer/breeder adores her.
    She’s going to have to step up from Group 3 to Group 1 for the Abbaye and could find herself taking on Baattash and my Glass Slippers but at 20/1 with William Hill on Sunday night I put her in the AP contest because who knows really what she is capable of and Glass Slippers herself was a double figure winner last year (she blooms late in the season :heart: )..

I hope ADV turns out to take her chance..not sure if the 20’s still available but why not follow me in if you like her.. :good:

Having a quiet few days waiting for some of my followed horses to turn up..I think they’re also resting their horseshoes and hitting the hay. ;-)
    Jac

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10489

2 x bets for tomorrow at Sandown..

PITCHERS POINT .. 9/4 :heart:

ROSE GREY .. 9/4

Win on each
    and a win double :good:

A nice double for James Doyle expected at the end of the Sandown meeting. :good: best of luck if you have a bet today. Jac :bye:

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 447

Sounds good Jac, I will jump on that as I expect she’ll be a lot lower on race day.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10489

:good: Best of luck Andre :good:

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2128

Backed lavenders blue ew 6/1 baldy who are going 123

Good luck Jac and Andre :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 2,131 through 2,145 (of 2,465 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.