The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1,546 through 1,560 (of 2,465 total)
  • Author
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

Cheers Jac, enjoy the sunshine :good:

However Referee runs I’m only having 1 more today. and only because he caught my eye.
    River Frost was fairly decent when trained by Alan King, managing to run off
    a mark of 145 and thought good enough to take part in the Coral Cup at the Festival.
    To be fair to Ben Haslam he hasn’t done too badly there either, winning at Ayr last
    Novemeber and runner up on his next 2, the 1st of which he might have taken barring
    a bit of a mess of the last fence. His next 3 before the break all seem to have a
    recurring “not fluent”, so he’ll need to pick his feet up. He simply wasn’t at the
    races on his comeback after nearly 6 months off at Uttox last month, and maybe he
    needed it. A few iffs and maybes in there, but from a mark of 145 he’s running off
    127 here. He’s only 8 so hardly over the hill, and if he ran anywhere near his old
    form he could pick up a couple of these and carry them home. 20/1 E/W with
    Bet365 seems a bit of value to me.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5926

Any views on big races at weekend i like THREAT in hungerford at 10/1 no news if he runs though yet.Feel Limato be a NR the weather is bad from thursday it is

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

Hi Darren, It’s a decent looking race the Hungerford but it could cut up a bit with
    the expected rain on all 3 days leading up to Saturday. I doubt Limato would want
    to take on soft ground and although I like threat, I’m not sure that rain softened
    ground is what he wants either. He’s a bit like Pieree Lapin in as far as his 2 year
    old form is very decent, but they both seem to have lost their way a bit since then.
    The one I like, and I can see him going off favourite, is Dream Of Dreams. His form
    was rock solid in the earlier part of last year, 2 decent wins at Chelmsford and Windsor
    before just failing to get up behind Blue Point in the Diamond Jubilee Stakes at Ascot.
    He went off the boil in his 3 remaining runs after that but looked back in very good
    spirits on his reappearance in the Diamond Jubilee at Ascot where again he finished
    runner up just failing to peg back Hello Youmzain in June. I think the 4/1 is worth
    taking, I’m pretty sure he won’t be more than half that price come Saturday. I think
    he has every chance and although he’s not gone further that 6f since 2018, I think
    the extra furlong is to his benefit the way he’s been finishing off his races. I’ve
    had a decent bet on him.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10489

I’ve had a good look at the Hungerford too Darren just 5 of them interest me at the moment as there will be few taken out..

I feel One Master is much too short a price at 9/4. A mare taking on the colts and geldings she ran a brave race to beat Valerina Messalina last time at Goodwood but that was Gp.3 level and feel she has not been running to Gp.2 level this year and would take her on here.

Graham’s choices Dream Of Dreams certainly stands out as a contender here. Stoute already has Ousin Murphy booked and his 2nd to Hello Youmzain certainly caught the eye. My only concern is that he hasn’t won over the distance and is open to a fast finisher nabbing him close home as happened with Sir Dancealot in 2018. That fast finisher could be …Limato with Adam Kirby already booked to ride this is his distance and Group 2 is his level. Slight worry over the ground and whether he will run but if he does I think he will win. Richard Hannon must rue the day that he let this horse go to Henry Candy’s yard as a 2yo. He’ll be putting his best hoof forward at the end and hope he keeps out of trouble. We don’t want any hard luck stories like what happened with One Master and Valerina Messalina last time.

Last years winner Glorious Journey has a harder task with the opposition this year but will go on any ground. He has been beaten at Group 3 level by Limato in the Randox Health at Newmarket.

Threat has only ever run once over 7 furlongs and won beating Royal Crusade
    in a Group 2 on good to firm ground. He had been highly tried at Group 1 level most of his career and was outclassed and outpaced in the St.James’s Palace over a mile. Back at Group 2 Level over 7f could be ideal for him but he wouldn’t want the ground softer than good.

Haven’t backed him yet but I’m sticking with my old friend Limato :heart: to win from Dream of Dreams, and hope he runs.

Limato 7/2 WIN

Best of luck Graham and Darren looks like it could be an exciting race if they all turn out. :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10489

Three notebook horses running today, two in the same race so have done them in a combination double.
    Prices were taken last night so no best odds today…

Salisbury .. 2.20

QUEEN POWER .. 6/4 – £10 Win
    Fourth to Fancy Blue at Glorious Goodwood in a Group 1 this should be easier for her.

AWARD SCHEME .. 7/2 £5 EW
    This talented filly went into my notebook last year when I saw her run 3rd to Godolphins Light Blush after being denied a clear run and still very green. Since then she has progressed albeit it slowly with each run and today it is tougher but she should gain the black type that she deserves.

Salisbury 2.50

ALMAREEKH .. 3/1 **NAP** – £20 Win
    Been waiting for this filly to come out again after she beat a few decent progressive fillies at Yarmouth on 4th July amongst them Arqabian Romance, Viola and Ice Sprite. She then went on to battle it out with Guroor at Doncaster over 1m4f proving what a tough filly she is and I can’t seen her losing today.

£5 Combi Doubles on the above.

Hoping Michael Stoute gets a few nice winners today and good luck to any of us having a bet today, the racing looks pretty good today ..Jac :bye:

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 447

Good Luck with your bets today Jac!

It’ll be interesting to see how Chamade runs in the 2:20 after her upset win at Goodwood, along with Lake Lucerne who was in the same race and hampered in running; but Queen Power should prevail on her form against Fancy Blue.

The 2:50 should be a good race too. Kepala & Ghaziyah won’t go down without a fight. Hope Almareekh gets the job done for you. She did look good in her last win.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10489

Thanks Andre Yes it looks like I might have chosen the two trickiest races on the card with a few hard luck stories that could provide a winner today and it won’t be the first time a Haggas filly has scuppered my chances but I’ll stick with the list and hope for the best. :good:

Best of luck in the comps this weekend. :good: I’ve got 4 decent priced horses to find for my Daylight entry against robnorth after his mega impressive score last saturday. No pressure .. :wacko:

:bye: Jac

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

Nicely done with Almareekh Jac, it was a walk in the park :good:
    Can Royal Dornoch really go from promising 2year old to no user?. I’ll have afew quid on at 11s :unsure:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

Glad that Royal Dornoch wasn’t an also ran after all :good:

I’m hoping that O’Brien jnr might spring a surprise with Pista in the
    3.30 at Leopardstown. She won well at Galway last time out and looks worth
    an E/W at 16/1 with Bet365

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10489

Thanks Graham I was very pleased how that worked out for Almareekh she had them all on the run at least one furlong from home what a star. I think the handicapper might try to stop her if she runs in Handicap company again so hoping Sir Michael Stoute will upgrade her next time .. she deserves the chance. :good:

That for me was a big bet being a notebook horse and she has given me some York money to play with now.

Woah.. what a win that was for Royal Dornoch 12/1 :yahoo: ..very well done. I need a few of like that for the Daylight Graham :good: Jac

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

The site is going at a snail’s pace today, I tried to post the above up
    several minutes ago, it’s like the internet ala 1985 :unsure:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

It’s going well today, that was a nicely timed run by Pista.
    I’ll chance my arm that my luck holds and have a few quid on
    Humbert in the 3.40 at Hamilton at 11/1

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10489

Best of luck with Humbert :good:
    I think I’m done now until tomorrow..Jac :rose:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10489

Did you do him each way Graham? I thought he was going to hang on there.

You’re right about the site running slow. :wacko: maybe its the hot weather. :whistle:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

Well that will do for me today as well Jac, thankfully Paddy Power were 4 places
    in the 3.40 at hamilton so 12/1 Humbert was ok. I thought he might win but that’s
    a tough last furlong at Hamilton and the weight just stopped him.

Good afternoon though, Royal Dornoch 12/1, Pista 16/1 and Humbert placed at 12s.
    I’d settle for that most days :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 1,546 through 1,560 (of 2,465 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.