The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1,531 through 1,545 (of 2,248 total)
  • Author
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10368

Yes Graham..Enjoyable afternoon with good company and a few nice winners :good: .. Now off to sit in the sunshine with a big glass of Pinot Grigio.🍸🍾
    Enjoy the golf :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 419

Thanks for the company you two and Good Luck with the golf Graham & enjoy your wine Jac! :good:

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22549

Well done with Glen Shiel guys, great pick and the Harry Potter horse lol
    I’m looking forward to York now. I’m hoping Sacred turns up in the Lowther. I guessed she would be aiming for that after Royal Ascot but haven’t seen or heard about since.

Member since March 2008
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10368

I’m looking forward to seeing Sacred again too Nathan.. I got the feeling herself and Peaceful had run of on a Jolly Girls Outing or something :wacko:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10368

Just one for today…

3.30 Leicester

Prince Of Rome 6/1 Price Boost PP EW

Spotted by Nathan running well to be 2nd to Bal Mal Prince Of Rome went straight onto my list of horses to follow next time out.

Best of luck if you have a bet today and hope you have spotted him Nathan. :good:
    Jac

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22549

Good luck Jac,
    I’ve stuck a £1.00 free bet on Prince of Rome
    BigG pointed out that he hasn’t found alot off the bridle or when driven hard so it might just be his style of running ala Harchibald over hurdles

Member since March 2008
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10368

Good old freebets I have done exactly the same only £5 EW hopefully win win for us. :good: :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7439

Afternoon all, I’d hoped to be on earlier but we were getting a new suite delivered.
    They got the armchair and the 2 seater in, but the 3 seater wouldn’t get in our
    door into the porch and then our inside door is sharply to the right. It just wouldn’t
    go :wacko: So they’ve headed back to Glasgow where the warehouse will take off the
    arms and it will be redelivered and they will attach them in the living room. At least
    I’ve got a seat as they were supposed to be delivering it 2 weeks ago, and when I phoned
    to ask if they were on their way the girl said there was no sign of the delivery record.
    Shortly after the girl that we dealt with phoned and was mortified that she had messed up,
    she apologised and they also dropped the delivery cost. No point being angry, and she was
    brave enough to phone and put her hands up. Problem was we arranged for a charity to uplift
    our last suite a couple of days before it was due. So we’ve been sitting on garden seats
    not much better than deck chairs for over 2 weeks now :wacko: Anyway, I can press a button
    and my feet come up and the back reclines so I’m happy as a dog with 2 tails :yahoo:

Back to more important things, I’ve decided to join forces with you Jac and Nathan and have
    a punt on Prince Of Rome. He was 8/1 but Paddy boosted him to 17/2. I hope
    we’re all smiling in 10 minutes :-)

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7439

I hope you guys had him e/w, I had him on the nose :unsure:
    I think they need to drop him back to 5f, that’s where his
    2 wins have come from. I’m not sure he sees out 6f with his
    hell for leather style of racing.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10368

Yes I had my freebet £5 each way at best odds so a small profit nothing lost. :good: He had every chance if good enough and he kept on well at the finish

Hope you’re sitting comfortably now Graham after all that drama and sitting on garden chairs for 2 weeks ..ouch

Think tomorrow may be a quiet day betting wise and have to make decisions about who to swap out of my TTTF Stables..I’m thinking Japan as he hasn’t earned a point as yet but does he have a race in him to win? :scratch: any advice gratefully received :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7439

Afternoon all, I just got on and fortunately caught River Alwyn, which was 9/2
    but boosted to 5/1 by Pady Power (returned 7/2) I know it’s aftertiming, I can happily show
    the return.

I’ve had a go with Wather at 5/1 which is just about to run at Volverhampton. Update in a min

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7439

Not sure what happened in the stalls at Wolvs, they were in there a long time for
    sprinters which are ready to burst out the stalls. No luck with Wather who was slow
    away.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7439

I think it might be worth taking a bit of a chance with Referee in the 5.30
    Haydock
    . He was obviously thought to have a future when he was hoovered up by
    the K Abdullah stable, and he looked to show promise in his 2 runs back in October/November
    2018, both over 12f and a running on 4th and 2nd in both. Whatever happened thereafter I’m
    not sure but he was sold in July 2020 and transferred from Hugo Palmer to Neil Mulholland.
    He reappeared in a Novice Hurdle at Newton Abbot that month and not surprisingly he very
    obviously was well short full fitness, but travelled well enough before he tired. It’s
    risky as we don’t know how much of that early promise he retains, but if Neil Mulholland
    has managed to get him fit then he looked like he would improve for a step up from 12f.
    At 25/1 E/W 4 places with SkyBet he could be well in :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7439

Just to settle the aftertiming thing from earlier, I’m not a fan of it

CONGRATS! 🤑
    YOU HAVE WON £240.00
    W
    9. River Alwen
    9/2
    5/1
    11th Aug HAYDOCK 14:55 EVENT 0m 7f 212y – Win
    14:55 11 August 2020
    Best odds Power up
    Stake
    £40.00
    Returns
    £220.00
    £240.00
    Bet ID: O/4733706/0004011

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10368

Well done with River Alwen Graham :good:
    You took on a hot fav there and it paid off.

I’m giving it a swerve today but think I might have a couple of notebook horses out tomorrow..so off to enjoy the rest of the sunshine 🌞.

Best of luck with Referee and at that price hoping to see another of those bet slips that have had Paddy crying into his empty satchel all week :good: Jac

Viewing 15 posts - 1,531 through 1,545 (of 2,248 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.