The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1,486 through 1,500 (of 2,465 total)
  • Author
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

Break out the Bolly, 100 pages and still going strong. I’ll bet
    you didn’t forsee that back in January Jac, it’s been worth it’s weight in gold
    this thread. Cheers Jac :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

Well that’s me finished with the horses for today, I thought Mythical was
    a tad unlucky. He was travelling really well and made his move up the rail
    2 out. Unfortunately that was the wrong way to go and he got hemmed in. It
    stopped his momentum and when he saw daylight again it was too late. He’s
    one to keep an eye on as his form figures will look poor, although he was
    better than that today.

I’m switching my allegience to the US PGA golf, the only Major of the year.
    I’ve picked a few, so I’m hopeful one at least will get me a good return.

I’ll clock back in tomorrow to see what’s doing :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10489

Made me laugh Nathan 🤣😅 I think The Young Fella has me about right for the Daylight based on recent form but I”m determined to ensure that Hein’s Pension is safe. :good:

I have BigG 4/5 fav to win the Daylight this year from Steve H :good: Nathan you are 7/2 :good:

Welcome to our TRF gr1980 and to our Thread..nice you started off with a big winner and look forward to hearing your thoughts on some of the races this week. :rose: Jac

Wow that is some return Graham keep going. :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10489

Wow :yahoo: only just noticed we hit the century of pages on this Thread Graham.. the bolly is flowing in the Lounge. 🥳🍾🥂

Who would have thought back at the start of Meydan Thursdays and Page 1 on January 1st what was going to hit us and how much we would all come together over the past worrying months. It’s really helped me get through this awful thing and so glad we are all here to tell our stories thank you to all who who have made this Thread so informative during the lockdown and beyond with some cracking tips from Graham that if we had all followed them we’d have possibly now been on our chartered Coconut Airways jet on our way to Montego Bay.🌴🌴

Stay safe it’s not over yet but we’re getting there.💕💕 Jac

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10489

Two for tomorrow at Sandown from my list…
    3.30 ..ENEMY 2/1 WIN
    Hoping he’ll get his head in front this time without the need to switch which cost him the race last time.

4.35 .. ARABIC CHARM 9/2 WIN
    Down to 7f which will suit but up in class so a bit more needed, but he can do this.

and a Win Double.

I know Nathan is also a fan of Enemy so good luck if you back him Jac. :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

All at Sandown

1.10 Perotto 9/4 various
    He nearly gave me a heart attack last week when he could have put my son’s accum up after me
    advising him to take the cash-out before the last leg. Thankfully he got beat, but he may well
    have won without the fav taking his ground. Marcus Tregoning wouldn’t fire him out here after a
    week unless he thought he was ready. I think he will make up for an unlucky race last time out

3.30 Enemy 13/8 Bet365

I like the look of him too Jac, he was another unlucky loser last time out at Sandown a couple
    of weeks back. I think he can make amends here. They’re not my usual kind that I try and dig out,
    but they look pretty solid so I’ll do the double to make up for the short prices.

4.35 Queen Of Silca 14/1 Bet365

I had a look at this race as you had one running Jac, and Arabic Charm has every chance, but when
    I gave them all the once over and watched previous races, I was quite impressed with the way that
    QOS made up a lot of ground to finish best of all last time out at Goodwood. She was drawn out wide
    and had to give away a lot of ground to settle in behind them early, so did well to finish 3rd. She
    ran up a treble in June/July and got raised 15lbs for that. She’s actually 1lb well in with the
    handicapper and the apprentice, who won on her previously, takes a further 7 lbs off. I’ve had a bet
    on her, and also done her in a treble with the other 2 which would be a pretty penny if they all came
    up.

Good luck to us today :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10489

Thanks for those picks Graham I also have Perotto in the 1.10 in a treble with Will Buick’s ride in the 2.20 Symbolic Power and Enemy
    in the 3.30.
    Plus a win bet on each.

I too think Queen Of Silca has a good chance today but had to stay with my list horse Arabic Charm and hope she is a lucky charm today have taken the 11/2 EW best odds price offered by Paddy this morning. :good:

Best of luck today Graham and hope Perotto gives us both a good start to the day. Last time he ran I know Jonibake was very keen on his chances so we’re in good company :good: Jac

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22647

Good luck guys.
    I’ve only just noticed that Enemy is running today,
    the price has gone a bit short as I’m not overly convinced but Paddy have given me a £5 freebet so I’ve put Enemy in with Wilson on the Snooker

Must add that it is amazing how this thread has amassed 100 pages and agree it’s been a great place to visit in these strange times :good:

Member since March 2008
    EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 447

Just noticed that Queen of Silca is a non-runner :negative: I also saw that Perotto won for both Jac & Graham. Hope your other picks come in too!

This thread is the best. I really enjoy the caring people that stop by to visit and interact. It’s a crazy world out there, so this is a nice haven of normalcy.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

Yes I’m disappointed Queen Of Silca won’t be running Andre, but I won’t put another one
    on in her place. It means I’ve got the original double running with Perotto and Enemy, and
    the same again with QOS missing from the treble. I’ll just keep the returned bet on QOS for
    tomorrow. I’m hopeful that Enemy can do the business :good:

The thread gets my vote too Andre, it’s been a oasis of peace not to mention a damned good
    voice of knowledgeable horse betting, and a bit of fun into the bargain, in a crazy time, as
    you so rightly say :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 22647

I thought you had that then Jac, the winner was off the bridle early and ARABIC CHARM looked to be all over him
    Enemy was poor, I don’t think the small field helped, would have liked a bit more pace and something to aim at

Member since March 2008
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10489

Yes Nathan I was very hopeful but we’ll keep Arabic Charm on the list for next time. :good:

Nice to see you back again Andre and glad the Thread is helping us all get through these crazy times. We all come from different corners of the UK and Andre in the USA, but here we can just do what we love the most ..Talk Horses and hopefully find some winners :good:

Talking of crazy .. after Perotto had skipped home in the 1.10 Enemy proved to be just that and faded to last after making the running maybe as you pointed out he didn’t like the small field Nathan. One more chance for him.

Luckily I had a win bet on Perotto who amazingly drifted in the betting and went off a decent price.

Have just seen Arabic Charm run a good 2nd to Gypsy Whisper in the last at Sandown and like you said Nathan I thought she had got that one but at least I put another EW bet on her at best odds so small consolations today. :good:

Lots of Competitions tomorrow and have to get studying if I want to stay in the Daylight. B-) Hopefully all left in will all get through tomorrow. :good: best of luck everyone :good: Jac

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

Perotto did us proud Jac, I wasn’t going to have a single bet on him but when he
    drifted out to 9/4 that was too big to turn down in a 4 runner race. It was just
    as well as Enemy was a big disappointment. It could be the small field and being
    left in front as you say Nathan, but I wonder if 10f is stretching his stamina.
    His sire, Muhaarar, was a prolific sprinter and didn’t ever run over further
    that 7f. I can see him being dropped back down to 7f or the mile where he probably
    will have better fortune :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 22647

That makes sense BigG, especially with the way Enemy emptied out pretty quickly once headed

Member since March 2008
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5926

Bets for Sunday

POSTIVE 3/1 Salisbury
    THE LIR JET 7/2
    GOLDEN HORDE 5/1

Viewing 15 posts - 1,486 through 1,500 (of 2,465 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.