The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan 2020 World Cup starts Thursday 2nd January

Home Forums Racing Competitions Meydan 2020 World Cup starts Thursday 2nd January

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 260 total)
  • Author
    EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 448

Well that was a disaster for me! :wacko: :-( Hope some of you scored points

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7511

We all get days like that Euro, it was all the lesser fancied of the Godolphin horses
    that came good today, not a favourite in sight :unsure:

I had nothing running today, and picked up no points from the bonus race either so
    I’m a non mover this week points wise and I’ve slid a little to position 103. I’m
    not too disappointed in that as I expected to be further down the league, so you
    weren’t alone with a disappointing day it seems :-(

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 448

We’ll bounce back next week Graham! :good:

TongeTonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1258

I ought to have points from Laser Show, Dubai Love, Final Song & Mythical Magic. Only Laser Show has been credited with points though so I don’t know what’s going on there. I seem to remember having this sort of trouble last time with some horses not being credited for their wins for several days, even weeks. I can’t really work out why they find it so difficult. Not as if there are hundreds of races.

Nothing in the Bonus race of course

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10480

Sorry about the no score yesterday Euro and Graham but as you say you can easily bounce back quite well in the weeks to come and the swaps are worth hanging onto for when the high scoring races come along. :good:

I did a whole stable swap yesterday and very luckily included Dubai Future (120 Points) and Dubai Love who I put in with Final Song so scored with both those. Also had points with Mythical Magic placing and possibly Mubtasim although not sure about him as only 7 runners.

I’ve no idea where I am on the leaderboard yet as good old ‘Goslowphin’ have only updated scores for Dubai Future’s win and I’m still at 247th place. I think they must have had a office party after he won and gone home. :wacko:
    Will post an update later today if they all decide to turn up.

Anyway hope your enjoying the comp Euro. For me it’s a tunnel of light through to March and the start of the flat season and as a lot of these horses come back to the UK and Newmarket after their winter holidays it’s also a heads up for me when I get back to my second home Newmarket and get to see them again in the flesh. :heart:

Still at least 8 Thursdays to go until World Cup Saturday so use the swaps wisely and still some big guns waiting to fire back at the Al Quoz stables..Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10480

Tonge ..you and I writing our posts at the same time..LOL
    Let’s hope they update soon and come back later with your new score: Jac :good:

Oh yes and the Bonus race. :wacko:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7511

Well done Jac and Tonge with your winners yesterday :good:
    Jac you will get 300 points for Mythical Magic and 200 points for Mubtasim, it doesn’t matter
    that there were 7 runners. That was why i was highlighting the Group 2 race to Euro yesterday,
    there was a possibility of 900 points for a one two three from the Godolphin horses in a 7 runner
    field. It seemed very worth the chance to me. Even without the winner you still net 500 points,
    that’s not a bad bit of business :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10480

Thanks Graham I’ll be updating the Leaderboard later today if everyone can get there scores in, if not will do it over the weekend.

I amazingly netted 950 points yesterday with a bit of luck I put Dubai Future, 120 points in and of course Final Song I thought would win so I also added Dubai Love and Chasing Dreams so got 330 points and then the 500 points for 2nd and 3rd in the race won by Glorious Journey. It was a lucky swap as it could have been a disaster.
    Now in position 178th1590 Points

Would predict that Tonge will be our overall Leader this week as we both got 950 points if my adding up is correct and she was ahead around 120 points from last week. Will wait for everyone’s scores and make up the Leaderboard.

Next week I’m going to be running on empty unless any of the runners from today make another appearance, which can happen, so will be relying on the bonus points, if any.

If you notice, once again, the top of Leaderboard people have used swaps for every week so far so will be running out of amo soon, it’s so important to have at least one swap handy for the end of March Finally when there will be points a plenty all you have to do is sort out the winners.

Look forward to the updates…Jac :mail: :bye:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7511

Great scores Jac and Tonge, that’s a good hike up the leaderboard :good: When I posted earier I
    was astonished I was in position 103, but clearly they were late tallying up the scores at that point.
    I’m still on 1240 points but I’m now in 260th position.

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 448

Hello Everyone. I checked my score this morning and I see that I got 80 pts from Final Song. I’m at 1000 pts, ranked 367th.

The competition is okay. I am enjoying the posts & chats here on the boards.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10480

Thanks Euro :good: That score can soon change dramatically with a few good winners or even places as has happened this week…just carry on enjoying the competition with all of us and hope for the best. :whistle:

Here are the scores so far that I know off….

So here is the Leaderboard after the first two weeks of the competition…..

GODOLPHIN FANTASY LEAGUE – MEYDAN FESTIVAL 2020 – LEADERBOARD
    – 24th January 2020
    ******************************************************************************

TONGE – 1720 – 154th
    Triptych – 1590 – 178th
    BigG – 1240 Points – 260th
    Nathan Hughes – ?
    Euroalien – 1000 Points – 367th
    John Gooch – 480 Points – 1022nd
    Steve75 – ?

Haven’t heard from Steve75 since we last got our extra swaps so will wait for his update.

Jac
    :good:

John Gooch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 299

Hello to you all

My score is 480 Rank 1022

Yesterday was not easy to predict and I suspect that I am
    tail end Charlie.

Bye :bye:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10480

Thank you John I’ve updated the Leaderboard above and better luck next week, still 8 Thursdays to go so as Corporal Jones says ‘Don’t Panic’ :whistle: Jac

TongeTonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1258

Well done Jac. Yes, also got 950. Now on 1720 (154th). Early days and I think the meetings get better in terms of more Group/Listed races if I recall correctly from last year. Must resist the urge to blow all the swaps too soon!

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10480

Thanks Tonge all updated just waiting for Nathan and Steve now. :good:

I know what you mean about the temptation to blow the swaps especially as I write up the Meydan Thursdays Thread and want to put in all the ones I back. :yes:

Good luck for next week..Jac :rose:

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 260 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.