The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan 2020 World Cup starts Thursday 2nd January

Home Forums Racing Competitions Meydan 2020 World Cup starts Thursday 2nd January

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 260 total)
  • Author
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9930

Best of luck with Magic Lily today Euro, she’s due a nice win and this is her distance. I would definitely have swapped her in if I was changing stables this week..Jac :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9930

Well done with Magic Lily Euro :yahoo:
    She just made it home and was my only winner on my Meydan Thursdays Thread today.

So glad I didn’t do a swap this week. I think Final Song may come out again soon maybe next Thursday..Jac :rose:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7104

I had decided earlier in the week that I was going to leave my stable as it was,
    even though Dream Castle was my only runner for today. I went through all the races
    last night for your Meydan Thursdays thread Jac and had a change of heart. The only
    high scoring race of the day, the Group 2 race at 4.15, looked to me that there was
    a real chance of the 3 Godolphin horses filling the places. It would have been worth
    900 points if they pulled it off. As it was, they filled the 1st and 3rd places. A bit
    disappointing I couldn’t add to that in any of the other races, but at least it was
    worth 600 points and has me in 93rd place with 1240 points. That’s me 1 swap down so
    I’ll need to be careful with a long way to go.

Nice one Euro with Magic Lily, a very nice 400 points and still with your swaps in place :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9930

Good strategic thinking there Graham and well done with those 600 points this week and being in the top 100. :good:
    Jac

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 290

Thanks guys! :yahoo: Well done Graham, good thinking. Swaps are precious, so going to hoard them, for now :)

I have 920 pts and am ranked 158.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9930

I’m down to 329th now with 640 points.
    Will update the Leaderboard next Friday.
    I would imagine Graham (BigG) is our current leader this week. :yahoo:
    93rd Position and 1240 points. Great score :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9930

3 day decs are out :good:
    http://www.emiratesracing.com/node/4?id=2975
    Good luck with your swaps this week.
    Jac

John Gooch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 278

Hello to all of you

Good news there is a Bonus Race on website for Thursday racing
    UAE 1000 Guineas Sponsored By Mina Hamriya (Listed Race) (Fillies) (Dirt)
    4 Horses to place positions.

No Points for my list last week so need to try harder this week.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9930

Thanks for the heads up John :good:
    Just about to go and write up my Meydan Thursdays Thread :mail:
    Best of luck to all having a bit of a swap around this week.
    :good: Jac

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 290

Four runners for me on Thursday (Chasing Dreams, Dubai Icon, Final Song, First View) used my first swap this week to bring in Dubai Icon. Good Luck Everyone!

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7104

Well I’d better hope that I can come up with something in the bonus race, or it
    will be mother Hubbard’s cupboard for me this week. I used a swap last week so
    I’ll just have to sit tight with all my horses still in their stables.

Good luck Euro with your four this week. I hope you don’t mind if I can maybe raise
    a point with you Euro. If I’ve got it right you had Chasing Dreams, Dubai Icon, Final
    Song and First View in your stable, and you used your swap to bring in Dubai Icon.
    Remember that with your swap, whether you swap in one horse or bring in 10 it still
    counts as one swap. There are 17 Godolphin Horses running tomorrow so if you used
    your 1st swap this week there was nothing stopping you having 10 Godolphin horses
    running, including 3 that were running in the only Group race, the 4.50, which has
    400pts, 300pts and 200pts for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. It took me a while to get my head
    around all the rules as we have played in it a couple of times before, and it can
    catch you out. Good luck today :good:

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 290

I appreciate you saying something BigG. That’s a very good point- I’m a newbie when it comes to this Godolphin competition, so any advice is welcome. Thanks for saying something. :good:

I think I want to save one or two swaps for later in the competition to load up runners in the bigger races. If I’d have gone for ten runners tomorrow, I’d probably need another swap next week or go without runners…. :unsure: (if that makes sense).

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9930

Good luck with your swaps Euro :good: I hope they all come in as I have put up 4 of them on my Meydan Thursdays Thread on Daily Lays and Plays and Chasing Dreams will be good for points if she places in the Group Race which I think she can although Dubai Blue could spring a surprise perhaps. Dubai Icon is one of my main bets tomorrow but pointswise will be low as the race with Mythical Madness, Royal Meeting and Mubtasim is the next best scorer.

Graham (BigG) gave good advice regarding the swaps you can swap in just one horse or change all 10 and sometimes it can pay dividends to concentrate on the Group races as smaller ones just pay out 120 points for a winner.
    As it is difficult to predict runners for future weeks it can be worth taking the chance as Graham did and ending up in the Top 100 the downside, of course and as you say, is that the following week you are left with an empty stable relying on bonus points.

Best of luck Graham with the Bonus Race I hope you predict the outcome perfectly and there are 800 points up for grabs there, definitely worth having in your position.

Maybe see you at Meydan Thursdays later and feel free to pop in with any thoughts Euro on today’s races.

Best of luck everyone, hoping this week will yield a few more winners than last week…Jac :bye:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7104

Cheers Euro, no problem if you were holding on to some horses in your stable that you think
    may be running next week or shortly. It was because you had put in just the one horse, Dubai
    Icon, and having used your 1st swap you hadn’t selected any of the 3 Godolphin horses in a 7
    runner field Group 2 race that I thought you maybe weren’t aware that you could select as many
    as you like and it was still one swap. I see where you are coming from now and that’s a perfectly
    reasonable decision. All the very best today, you have a decent chance with all 4 of yours.

I’ll be over on your thread later on this morning Jac once I’ve finalised my selections :good:

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 290

Graham/Jac – Thanks again for the good advice, I appreciate it.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 260 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.