The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan 2020 World Cup starts Thursday 2nd January

Home Forums Racing Competitions Meydan 2020 World Cup starts Thursday 2nd January

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 260 total)
  • Author
    EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 448

520 points for me. Rank 382

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7511

Managed to get my stable in yesterday and I expect I had the same 3 as yourself Jac
    as I’m on 640 points and in 224th place. No joy at all in the bonus race, I had Lost
    In Time down to win it and although he finished best of the 3, 7th place was all he
    could muster.

Well we’re all off and running now and I had a nice email from Anna wishing us
    “best of luck to you all with the rest of the league and fingers crossed for some
    blue winners later today”. I wish dealings with all big organisations was as easy, I
    think she was a bit of a star :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10481

Thanks for your scores everyone and well done with your 3 winners also yesterday Graham. :good:
    I expect Benbatl was a great shoe-in for everyone with 400 points and made up for the loss of points for Final Song last Thursday.
    How refreshing that Godolphin actually has someone like Anna who is passionate about Godolphin supporters and Forum’s such as TRF who follow their progress throughout the year.

Nathan you are in fact in 224th position with both Graham and myself as like me I think they were slow to come through with the final races points yesterday.
    Please let me know if you notice any errors….

So here is the Leaderboard after the first two weeks of the competition…..

GODOLPHIN FANTASY LEAGUE – MEYDAN FESTIVAL 2020 – LEADERBOARD
    ******************************************************************************

TONGE – 77O Points – 76th
    BigG – 640 Points – 224th
    Nathan Hughes – 640 Points – 224th
    Triptych – 640 Points – 224th
    Euroalien – 520 Points – 382nd
    John Gooch – 400 Points- 527th

Tonge was clever enough to include Major Partnership in her selections last week and takes advantage of the extra swap to go galloping into the lead this week, well done Tonge keep going. :good:

Well done everyone for getting onto the leaderboard this week and look forward to the weeks ahead and putting up some good results on here for all of us.

All thanks again to Graham for everything he did for us without sadly benefiting from the extra swap himself.
    :heart: You’re a star Graham. :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    TongeTonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1258

Thanks Jac. I will enjoy it while I can. It won’t last. Perhaps we should nominate Anna when Godolphin has its next staff awards round

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7511

Thanks for that Jac, I think we both did our bit to get Anna on side so a well
    deserved pat on the back for you too :good:

Great idea Tonge, I can feel a letter of recommendation coming on :mail: There’s
    no doubting Anna went above and beyond, and it wouldn’t do any harm to highlight her
    efforts and our appreciation. I’ll get on it :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10481

Great idea Tonge :good: and Graham that would give her 7 nominations from us here to start her off. :good:

Just realised we don’t have Steve’s results in yet. When I get them I will adjust the Leaderboard.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10481

Heavy rain in the UAE over last few days has caused cancellation of Abu Dhabi’s meeting tomorrow.

Dubai has had the rain since last Thursday and many areas flooded.

Let’s hope the racetrack dries out quickly over the next few days or we might be looking for horses running on the turf with form on soft going.

If the rain continues there could be some big priced outsiders winning so might be a week to sit tight.

Expect the decs to be out sometime tomorrow and will wait for nwalton to advise us.. Jac :rose:

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2126

Morning Jac/everyone, early devs up at Emiratesracing.As Jac said been plenty of rain around,also another 10 mm due up till Wednesday, nice day forecast for race day.
    Good luck :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10481

Thanks nw :good:
    Good news about the weather, hoping it dries out nicely for Thursday.

Notice Dream Castle down to run this week in the a listed class on turf with Art Du Val also entered, expect that will change.

Multiple entries going on so just use this as a guide until final decs appear with jockeys around Wednesday….

Early decs for Meydan Thursday 16th January 2020 (Dirt and Turf)

http://www.emiratesracing.com/node/4?id=2973

Good luck :good:
    Jac

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10481

Good luck for tomorrow everyone. :good:
    I’m not changing my Stable this week just taking a chance that Dream Castle, Loxley and Major Partnership who I have left in run good races.

No sign of any bonus races yet thought the 3.40 would be a ‘shoe in’ :wacko:
    Jac
    :bye:

TongeTonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1258

I swapped Major Partnership out after his win so he’s bound to romp home tomorrow!

Got Dream Castle & Art Du Val left. Sick that Magic Lily is running. Included her many times last year only to have her not run at all.

Good luck all

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22643

Hi Jac, BigG and the rest of the getalong gang
    could someone let me know how many weeks this runs for please.?
    as that way I can roughly work out when to use the swaps

Member since March 2008
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10481

Found this in the T & C’s Nthan :good:

i) The competition includes all races that are part of the Dubai World Cup Carnival at Meydan Racecourse between the dates of Thursday, 2 January and Saturday, 28 March 2020
    Dubai World Cup Carnival meetings are on
    2 Jan 2020,

9 Jan 2020,
    16 Jan 2020,
    23 Jan 2020,
    30 Jan 2020,
    6 Feb 2020,
    13 Feb 2020,
    20 Feb 2020,
    27 Feb 2019,
    7 Mar 2020 and
    28 Mar 2020

Not sure what’s happening on 14th and 21st March but know there is a ‘Super Saturday’ which is probably 7th March.
    I think you’d want to have 2 swaps left for those last 2 Saturday’s Nathan.

Perhaps Graham might be able to throw some light on the missing dates in March…Jac :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10481

I think you’d need a crystal ball Tonge to be able to predict who will be running in the next few weeks.

Funnily enough I just took a chance that Major Partnership would run again quickly after his victory and included him in my swap last week.

Judt like you I had Magic Lily in my stable last year but she ran so few times who could predict her next appearance. :wacko:

Art Du Val is the other one I really like and wish you luck with him, so many Godolphin horses in that race I wouldn’t be surprised if they pull one or two out to save for future races they’re all good horses in their own right.

Best of luck Tonge and to all..Jac :good:

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 448

Just Magic Lily for me tomorrow (I think)….. hope she bounces back! Good Luck everyone

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 260 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.