The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan 2020 World Cup starts Thursday 2nd January

Home Forums Racing Competitions Meydan 2020 World Cup starts Thursday 2nd January

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 260 total)
  • Author
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9950

Best of luck Euro :good:
    I’ve gone….

Ya Hayati – 1st
    Dubai Love – 3rd
    Laser Show – 7th

Hoping for at least one to fall into place namely Ya Hayati.

Interesting to see how we move on up (or down) this afternoon…wish I was there.
    Enjoy the racing. :good:
    Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9950

Ended up on Page 3 today with ..

6920 Points – 108th. :good:

Got Dubai Love right in 3rd and 200 points but just missed out with Laser Show in 6th and I predicted 7th.

All systems go for the Dubai World Cup at the end of the month.
    Jac :rose:

John Gooch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 278

Hello to all of you

I have to admit to still feeling slightly confused about some of the results and form
    at Meydan. This after Loxley winning at 33/1 today and earning my team 400 Points.

Close again in the Bonus Race, but no points scored so I now have 2970 and a rank of 767.

I still have 1 swap left and will use it for last meeting, had I had 2 swaps I would have
    been tempted by Space Blues today, hence part of reason for comment made in the first paragraph.

Still much to look forward too with Cheltenham next week and a new Flat Season on the turf on
    the horizon. Coronavirus permitting.

Best of luck to everyone :bye:

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22207

Should have swapped the week before only got Barney Roy and Magic Lily
    abandoned Dubai Love after having that one every other time, same with Loxley… :wacko:

Member since March 2008
    EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 295

Nice job Jac!

I only managed 1,080 this week and no points from the bonus race. :scratch: :wacko: 6,650 pts and 146th overall rank.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9950

Thanks Euro :good: almost made the top 100 but not quite and still waiting to hear from Graham who has had a phenominal Meydan and Tonge who could well be further along this week.

I was lucky enough to get the 1,2,3 in Barney Roy’s race so a good few points earned there and I had Loxley but not Dubai Love even though I placed her 3rd in the Bonus :wacko:

Bad luck Nathan Dubai Love flew the flag in that race but she was not a high points earner like the Group race placed horses and Loxley.

John I still don’t understand why you couldn’t have included Space Blues in your swaps today (even though he didn’t win) if you wanted to.
    We have all been confused by the rules of this game but multiple swaps or whole stable clearouts are counted as one swap.. At least you have your one swap left for a big stable clear out for Dubai World Cup Saturday. :good:

Good luck and keep safe. :good: Jac

TongeTonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1226

I also got Dubai Love 3rd in the bonus race. Missed out on Loxley & Mountain Hunter (who have both been regulars in my team). Mediocre performance from me this week. Now on 6190 (226th)

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7127

There seems to be a theme here with getting Dubai Love in 3rd, 200 points for
    me too. I managed to bag 1800 points yesterday giving me 7090 points and puts
    me in position 89. Still have a swap for Dubai World Cup Saturday, I think we
    all do, so plenty points still up for grabs. Still hoping Deirdre, my only ante
    post, can pull it off in the Dubai Turf, she was beaten a hd in her prep race
    at Riyadh, but she found herself surrounded for most of the race and it turned
    into a sprint at the end. She has it all to do with Barney Roy looking impressive
    yesterday and Almond Eye well fancied.

Hope everyone has a great Cheltenham. Good luck all :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 22207

points 5480
    Rank 332

Member since March 2008
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9950

Thanks everyone I’ll get the Leaderboard updated as quick as I can. :good:

Well done to Graham for getting into the top 100 this week a brilliant achievement and with one more swap remaining would predict top 30’s without any Bonus races and with all 3 correct predictions s good chance of hitting the top 10 could he achievable .. have a great Cheltenham Graham and everyone and let all the horses and jockeys return sound and safe :heart: Jac

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9950

GODOLPHIN FANTASY LEAGUE – MEYDAN FESTIVAL 2020 – LEADERBOARD
    Saturday 7th March (Super Saturday) *********************************

BIGG – 7090 Points – 89th
    Triptych – 6920 – 108th
    Euroalien – 6650 Points – 146th
    Tonge – 6190 – 226th
    Nathan Hughes – 5480 – 332nd
    John Gooch – 2970 – 767th

BigG (Graham) powers his way to the top of the leaderboard this week having accrued a points and predicted the finishing place of Dubai Love (3rd) in the Bonus Race. With just one Saturday to go swaps will be crucial on Dubai World Cup day Saturday 28th March (Also the day the flat kicks off with the Lincoln Handicap :yahoo: ) It’s very close amongst the top 3 and predicting the outcome of the Bonus Race could be crucial to whoever is going to end up King/Queen of Meydan TRF Fantasy League. :mail:

See you all at Nathan’s Cheltenham competition next week, great stuff Nathan thanks for doing that :good: and then onto Dubai and warmer climates for the Dubai World Cup Festival. It’s going to be a great month.
    :yahoo: Jac

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9950

DUBAI WORLD CUP CANCELLED due to the coronavirus pandemic for the safety of all participants.

Fully understand the thinking behind this but presume it was fuelled by the number of horses being pulled out.. what a shame wish I’d used my final swap earlier now..

BigG tops the Leaderboard for the 2nd year in a row :yahoo: Congratulations Graham shame we didn’t get the chance to fire up our final swap as I think we would have got really close this year.

Well done Graham and thanks to all for playing. :rose:

Look after yourselves and families and let’s hope we can come back again nearer to Champions Day and do this again…Jac :heart: x

TongeTonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1226

Well done BigG. Yes, understandable but depressing nevertheless x

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7127

Just checked in and a bit of a blow to see it has been cancelled, although it’s very
    understandable. Not really the way I wanted to win, there were so many points on offer
    on the last day that it could have gone any way. Thanks anyway Jac and Tonge for your
    congrats, and Jac you made this and your Maydan Thursday something to look forward every
    week. Thanks and God willing we get the chance to do it all again later this year or
    if not then next :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 22207

Nice one BigG… :good:
    Well done Jac keeping us all in order. :bye:

Member since March 2008
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 260 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.