The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Melbourne Cup 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Melbourne Cup 2020

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1126

Thank you, Botchy. :good:

botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3922
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

Still want to bet Buckhurst, but I seen your update the other day Botch, and I know he’s not 100% to go here.

Not mad keen on an Antepost just now. I’ll definitely bet Prince of Arran, but I’m as well waiting till the day for him. Price shouldn’t come in too much, and the EW terms will be better.

If I do go early, it’ll be Raheen House. Big fan of him when he was based here, and he was bought specifically for this. His recent form figures look patchy, but when he goes back to this trip, it reads better. Just watched his run in The Sydney Cup, and not without potential.

Botch, does he hold any other entries, I tried checking myself, but struggling for anything definite, and don’t know the best site?

Raheen House 100’s EW

botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3922

I think he has crept into the Caulfield Cup on Saturday morning V. Melbourne Cup is tricky because unlike the UK handicaps you do your dough if you don’t get into the field, so i would rather not say. I think if you are 36 or more you are struggling now like, depends who drops out. :unsure:

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

Thanks mate, glad I asked, I wasn’t aware of that rule, good to know.

I looked for him in The Caulfield Cup list, and missed him………way down there at the bottom. At 200’s. Two bloody hundreds!!! I have to bet him for that now lol

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3225

Trying to understand the qualification for this is like a game of Mornington Bloody Crescent. I think I’ll have to wait till my fancies are getting loaded into the stalls to be sure they haven’t been gazumped.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3225

Ok True Self isn’t too far off getting in so went ahead with a small ew at 33s

Also put an ew on her and Mirage Dancer for the Caulfield Cup tomorrow; Paddy P offering 4places 1/4 odds

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2208

Been waiting for the Caulfield Cup to see what mi horse can do. Looking forward to it. :good:

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3225

Oh well. Don’t think either of us can complain Mike, even though the pace was probably a bit too slow for ours. The winner is a good mare. AVD did well to make up that ground off a slowly run race.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2208

He wasnt as good as i thought so cashed out. Took the 1st 2nd and 4th out of that race and will chew it over.

botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3922
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3922
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.