The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Melbourne Cup 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Melbourne Cup 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3392
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16807

I was quite underwhelmed by Latrobe at The Curragh, but happy enough with Buckhurst at Leapordstown.

Unfortunately, after Leapordstown, Norway is very high on my shortlist, and I was looking to trim the shortlist, not add to it.

Thankfully can’t bet him just now, as he’s got entries all over the place, but interesting at 50’s.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1382

I wasn’t disappointed with Latrobe. Will get weight from Cross Counter. And knowing the young O Brien he’s peaking him for the big day down under.

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3392

A couple of big ones out injured

Order of entry ( 17 ) Johannes Vermeer
    ( 10 ) Django Freeman

coops72
    Participant
    • Total Posts 42

ive got quite a long shortlist to whittle down
    Buckhurst/kew gardens/marmelo/Yucatan/mirage dancer/shraaoh
    plus last 2 ebor winners muntahaa / mustajeer

have already backed marmelo at 20s after coming so close ly. doubt they will all run probably back whatever does

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 447

I’m no nearer to a bet in this either Coops. The latest addition to my shortlist is Bin Battuta at 50-1.

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3392

First wave of Euro entries have landed :good:

Torceador
    Mirage Dancer
    Raymond Tusk
    Constantinople
    Prince Of Aaran
    Red Gallileo
    Red Verdon
    Gold mount
    Mustajeer

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 447

I don’t think too many people were impressed by the win of Bin Battuta last night as he is unchanged at 50-1.

There’s no harm in keeping him on the shortlist though.

KrisKris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 457

With Falcon Eight no longer going here, I will pin my hopes on Yucatan at 40-1.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16807

Despite my lack of enthusiasm over his last run, I took the 50’s for Latrobe, after Buckhurst was withdrawn.

My other pair, Prince of Arran (Reserve), and Rostropovich are both in The Caulfield Cup this weekend.

I’ve totally missed the 33’s for Rostropovich, but he’d be slight preference of that pair just now, but is best priced 20’s now, and I’ll go with him win only just now, but not as big a bet as Latrobe.

If Prince of Arran gets in on Saturday, and runs well, I’ll no doubt miss the 33’s on him as well, considering the time of day.

Latrobe 50’s EW
    Rostropovich 20’s

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5717

I got CONSTANOPLOE 25/1 he call a few names this year but got good form and think 2m be fine for him

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2724

Finding the weights a bit confusing – I assume the top 3 on the starting list are there because they won the exemption races protecting them from the ballot, and then others within the max field of 24 but with a lowish weight are getting WFA or mares allowance?

As far as I can make out, if Downdraft can win the G2 Moonee Valley Gold Cup then he is likely to get a penalty -well Prince of Arran got 1kg for winning the G3 Geelong by a head from the identically UK rated True Self giving her 3lb, so if the UK 110 rated Downdraft can give 2 lb and a beating to the 115 rated Hunting Horn, he ought to get at least 1kg. That would leapfrog him from his 37th position safely over a bunch of other horses into the 24.

All he has to do is beat Hunting Horn- who is pretty much assured of a berth I think- can’t see HH getting battered to stop another Camelot winning the G2 and getting into the big race- and various Aussie “gallopers” (does that mean middle distance/stayer or just “horse” in general I wonder) chief among them Mr Not That Quickie.

And then all he has to do after that is win the big race.
    What can possibly go wrong? ;-)

Downdraft 50-1 ew

Sheesh, my brain hurts. I only started looking at the Aussie races cos I can’t find a bet amongst the maiden hurdlers brawling in the muck at Galway tomorrow.

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3392

Constantinople’s form looking red hot Dazza. Had two G1 winners behind him at Goodwood now and the Volitigeur winner went on to win the Leger. 8 stone 7 and the magic man on board :good:

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3392
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7761

I know I ask every year but has anyone got a link to Melbourne Radio; I’ll try again to get Radio Sport 927 but I always struggle with it!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.