The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

McCOY OR WALSH

Home Forums Horse Racing McCOY OR WALSH

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    spikeybob
    • Total Posts 3

If Ruby Walsh rode full time in england would Tony Mccoy still be champion jockey?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Yes, because Ruby wouldn’t be riding McManus-owned, O’Neill-trained, 80-rated steering jobs.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Welcome to TRF, Bob. For information, the whole Walsh versus McCoy theme is a pretty recurrent one on this forum.

It might be more worth your while to have a peek at this thread, only started exactly a week ago,

https://theracingforum.co.uk/horse-r … 85051.html

…and develop / respond to some of the arguments on there rather than start another one afresh. I suspect the

Search Forum

facility might unearth one or two more for you on this theme as well.

Hope this helps, and happy hunting. 8)

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

AP would still be champion jockey because he has better contacts and get’s more ‘plum’ rides on wet Wednesday’s at Folkestone.

Ruby Walsh is the far superior jockey however.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6010

Ruby Walsh is the far superior jockey however.

An unequivocal, cocksure and damning one-liner if ever there was one

Care to explain in not less than 100 words how and why you’ve arrived at this conclusion?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Just his record in the big races. Ruby delivers when it matters, 2 Grand Nationals, Gold Cups, countless Grade 1 races, and look at his record at the Cheltenham Festival. Obviously it helps when you have the better horses, but I think on the big occasion, Ruby is the man for the job.

• Total Posts 1415

I think JJM is right Walsh is a far better jockey than McCoy. McCoy would still be Champion jockey though the guy would ride 24 hours a day if he could and that sort of dedication together with his ability ensures that sort of success. Class would come first with Walsh.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

It isn’t going to happen but if Walsh committed himself to really having a go for it (and stayed injury free) I don’t think there is much doubt that he would be Champion.

And yes he is much the better big-race jockey and yes we have done it all before.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.