The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Matt Chapman

Home Forums Horse Racing Matt Chapman

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

See you tomorow then 8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Lol, well as i say, my results will do the talking. Till then, nothing more i can say. Time for my roast dinner.

Adiós todo para ahora, y yo los agarraré en futuro, quizá mañana. :)

I know, he’s the Duque d’Albuquerque! :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 6011

Are you real David Johnson ?

I mean if you are not, then why post under his name.

How many David Johnsons are there in the world?

…and how many "racing insiders"? zzzzzzzzzz…

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Let’s give the guy a chance and not be too negative.

Though I hope he realises despite many "insiders" in and around Lambourn, the Ladbrokes there makes a healthy profit.

Good luck sir.

Mark
    The Ginger Preacher

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1635

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Matt’s just topping up his tan somewhere. He’ll be back.

bahram
    • Total Posts 66

I mean if you are not, then why post under his name. If you are then i understand.

Freedom of speech is not there to be abused, and several on here have done that. What has Clare Balding sexuality got to do with her job ?

Is that what freedom of speech is for ?

Don’t get all righteous and politically correct with me,pal.
    If I think a presenter is good or bad I’ll exercise my freedom of speech
    to say so.
    Oh and I have met Luke Harvey to refer to your earlier post and IMO he is
    a twit.If i’ve met you and you have reason to call me a vile chav so be it.
    I doubt it somehow and note your double standards of abusing free speech.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

I mean if you are not, then why post under his name. If you are then i understand.

Freedom of speech is not there to be abused, and several on here have done that. What has Clare Balding sexuality got to do with her job ?

Is that what freedom of speech is for ?

Don’t get all righteous and politically correct with me,pal.
    If I think a presenter is good or bad I’ll exercise my freedom of speech
    to say so.
    Oh and I have met Luke Harvey to refer to your earlier post and IMO he is
    a twit.If i’ve met you and you have reason to call me a vile chav so be it.
    I doubt it somehow and note your double standards of abusing free speech.

There is freedom of speech and then there is plain rudeness.

And there are things that really should not be said.

For example I know stuff about one top trainers early life and parentage that would be wholey wrong of me to put on here.

Mark

Value Is Everything
    Racing insider
    • Total Posts 20

You can show your dislike to a presenter without having to use swear words can’t you ?

deleted

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

You can show your dislike to a presenter without having to use swear words can’t you .

Thought I better introduce myself, Racing Insider.

I am the most profane member ofthis forum. I don’t mean any badness by it – it’s just the way it is. Fore-warned is fore-armed as they say, so don’t feel the need to pull me up, or get upset, if you see me use industrial language on here. Corm’s idiotic swear-filter usually softens the blow anyway.

A Racing Outsider.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

I don’t want to see Matt thrown off our screens for some pollitically correct nonsense if thats what it is.

Ian, Bosranic,

Unless Matt Chapman’s suspension was borne out of an incident in which he offended a racial, sexual, religious, gender or other identity group, it has absolutely stuff all to do with PC and everything to do with him transgressing ATR’s acceptable broadcasting standards.

Nothing blackens the name of PC quicker than media commentators, forum posters, etc. misappropriating it entirely, as appears to be happening in this thread.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Matt will be back. I can already hear him shouting “Bring On The Wall”…

Heaven forfend!

I’m still wondering if Mattie Batchelor really needed the money so badly that he had to appear on that show last week.

As for Matt Chapman, I was back up North visting my folks at the weekend, and a couple of wags were discussing his fate whilst I was watching the Becher in a William Hill in Oldham yesterday.

Here, at least, sympathy for Chapman was playing second fiddle to comic potential;

Man #1: “What do you think he’ll do if they fire him?”
    Man #2: “Face of Ronseal”.
    Man 1#: “What, he’ll front the ad campaigns?”
    Man #2: “Nah, that’s what he’s got. A face of Ronseal”.

Harsh, almost certainly, but these two happy souls were in stitches over it.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

• Total Posts 1982

I don’t want to see Matt thrown off our screens for some pollitically correct nonsense if thats what it is.

Ian, Bosranic,

Unless Matt Chapman’s suspension was borne out of an incident in which he offended a racial, sexual, religious, gender or other identity group, it has absolutely stuff all to do with PC and everything to do with him transgressing ATR’s acceptable broadcasting standards.

Nothing blackens the name of PC quicker than media commentators, forum posters, etc. misappropriating it entirely, as appears to be happening in this thread.

gc

GC, did I say anything about the suspension? It was merely a reaction to the continued criticism of the man.

Like I said, I’ve not a fan of the guy and he does irritate me at times, but I’m open minded enough to realize what he brings to broadcasting.

deep sensation
    • Total Posts 139

Bosranic – if you ever had the misfortune to meet Matt Chapman, you would certainly not be wishing him back on the tv.

• Total Posts 1982

Bosranic – if you ever had the misfortune to meet Matt Chapman, you would certainly not be wishing him back on the tv.

That’s your opinion, DS. How a person conducts himself off-screen has no influence on his abilty to do a job on-screen.

You hear many stories (and that’s exactly what they are) of actors, actresses, pop stars and sportsman being complete a@@holes, but it doesn’t stop them being damn good at what they do.

Your personal opinion of the guy has no relevance on his ability to do a job.

deep sensation
    • Total Posts 139

That’s your opinion, DS. How a person conducts himself off-screen has no influence on his abilty to do a job on-screen.

You hear many stories (and that’s exactly what they are) of actors, actresses, pop stars and sportsman being complete a@@holes, but it doesn’t stop them being damn good at what they do.

it’s not just my opinion of him. practically anyone who has met him, or worked with him, is of the same opinion. If there is any justice in this world, we will never see Matt on TV again!

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

it’s not just my opinion of him. practically anyone who has met him, or worked with him, is of the same opinion. If there is any justice in this world, we will never see Matt on TV again!

I do not particularly like how Matt Chapman comes across on T.V. but would not like to make any judgements on him as a person.

DS,
    How many of these "anyone who has met him or worked with him, is of the same opinion", have you actually asked about Matt?

Even if I have met a "personality" I do not like to make such judgements on one meeting. I met one of the best National Hunt trainers once, he was quite offish to me, but I do not know what went on in the day leading up to that 5 minutes. And will not judge him on it.

Can also have differences of opinion with anyone here yet actually like them.

In my experience, not many people who work with someone ever give them a bad write up even if it is meritted.

Mark
    The Ginger Preacher

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 1800

Yes, but it should be the viewers choice, not his colleagues, as without the viewers you’d all be off the screen.

ATR is less diverse and more tedious without him on there, at times it’s like watching trainspotters spot trains.

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 155 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.