The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Matt Chapman

Home Forums Horse Racing Matt Chapman

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    % MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Fair enough Paul , point taken

:D

Ricky

But it is still fun speculating :lol:

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

I emailed them about this today and got a response.

I’m reluctant to reproduce the answer here but the jist is that neither Matt or his employer have made a statement

"……….this confirms that what may have happened and what happens next is a private matter between Matt and his employers at ATR….."

"…………… the idea that Matt has been censored, or pulled off air for ‘speaking his mind’ or ‘telling it how it is’ is a long way wide of the mark…….".

Colin

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

I do not know what Matt said.

But if it was anything that may or could lead to his employer being sued, I can see why he has been suspended, if he has. Have thought he has gone close before now.

Mark

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 1063

Even though there are those who thought he was a ‘big mouth’ at least he had a big brain to go with it. It would be a travesty if he reappears on our screens fronting the likes of the shopping channel or quiz call.

Alderbrook
    • Total Posts 349

Even though there are those who thought he was a ‘big mouth’ at least he had a big brain to go with it. It would be a travesty if he reappears on our screens fronting the likes of the shopping channel or quiz call.

Matt will be back. I can already hear him shouting "Bring On The Wall"…

Kautostar1
    • Total Posts 384

I am stunned. What is going on with the world. Does freedom of speech not exist anymore?? It makes a refreshing change to see and hear an honest opinion from a presenter. It’s going in the wrong direction getting the likes of Matt and big mac out of the sport. What a shame.
    What exactly did Matt say ??

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

I am stunned. What is going on with the world. Does freedom of speech not exist anymore?? It makes a refreshing change to see and hear an honest opinion from a presenter. It’s going in the wrong direction getting the likes of Matt and big mac out of the sport. What a shame.
    What exactly did Matt say ??

If it was something that may have landed ATR in court it may land TRF in court if repeating it.

Having opinions is one thing, saying something that may be wrong and have a detremental effect on a jockeys carreer is another.

Mark
    The Ginger Preacher

Value Is Everything
    Kautostar1
    • Total Posts 384

Ahh right… think am with you. Isn’t it just a personal opinion though?? Rather than fact…

Racing insider
    • Total Posts 20

Some of comments on here are truly pathetic. So much for tough forum rules, i read this forum was very strict and only for real racing fans.

Yet first replys you see are some vile chav calling a guy he never met or even know a "tw*t". Wow aint you the clever one………

On Matt Chapman himself, i like the guy alot, has alot of passion for sport, and the only guy who can make a saturday evening A/W card look exciting.

How ATR can suspend someone like him, when they have dale mckeown on is laughable.

Probably best for Matt and CH4 racing if he is sacked and Is signed upto front the morning line and Racing on CH4.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Freedom of speech does still exist, of course it does. But so do the laws of defamation.

Racing insider
    • Total Posts 20

Are you real David Johnson ?

I mean if you are not, then why post under his name. If you are then i understand.

Freedom of speech is not there to be abused, and several on here have done that. What has Clare Balding sexuality got to do with her job ?

Is that what freedom of speech is for ?

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Welcome.
    Are you a real racing insider?

I think you will find some of us did pull the person up for his comments on Claire Balding etc.

But David is right about defamation, whatever you think of uncle Matt.

And beware Racing Insider, I am a real Chapman! :twisted: :lol:

Mark
    The Ginger Preacher

Value Is Everything
    Racing insider
    • Total Posts 20

Well all depends on what you would call a real "Racing insider" i guess….. but answer your question, then yes in a sense.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Well all depends on what you would call a real "Racing insider" i guess….. but answer your question, then yes in a sense.

Call that an answer, what type of insider.

Value Is Everything
    Racing insider
    • Total Posts 20

Well i have my nose in a few pies so to speak. Which i will prove in future, when i share what im betting on. But till then, as my name says im a "insider".

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

"…………nose in a few pies…………….."

Euuuuwwww, what a disgusting way to eat a pie!! :shock:

Colin

Racing insider
    • Total Posts 20

Lol, well as i say, my results will do the talking. Till then, nothing more i can say. Time for my roast dinner.

Adiós todo para ahora, y yo los agarraré en futuro, quizá mañana. :)

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 155 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.