The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Matt Chapman

Home Forums Horse Racing Matt Chapman

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1904

He’s a force of nature.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Chapman is a numptee.

Seems to deliberately say things to provoke a reaction.

Does market movers that have moved less than 1%. If that is a market mover then 50% of horses are market movers.

Encourages punters to blame trainers and jockeys for not winning, not their own judgement.

Prone to exageration.

A disgace to the Chapman name.

Mark

Value Is Everything
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I think he’s brought the sport into fashion and sells the sport well. If you had tuned into ATR for the first time and you saw Matt Chapman you would want to continue listening, you would want to understand why he’s getting so irate, you would be encouraged to get involved and have your say….. or you might just turn the bloody t.v over.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1635

I’d be in the "turning over" camp. I love my racing but his almost forced over-enthusiasm and childishness sets my teeth on edge. He’s about 36 isn’t he? It’s time he grew up.

endevour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 99

if he tried behaving like a normal human being instead of on overbearing pain in the a*se viewers might have more respect for his knowledge.

BennyB
    • Total Posts 235

I used to hate him, and he is an annoying twat, but recently I’ve realised that it’s all massively tongue in cheek and started to enjoy it.

He is very knowledgeable, despite the act.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6011

The Jonathan Woss of wacing

Participant
    • Total Posts 32180

Matt’s a little over enthusiastic at times but at least i don’t nod off when he’s on, which is what i do whenever Robert Cooper speaks.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Mark

:shock: ?

You’re not … !

• Total Posts 1688

Sounds like this Champan fellow is selling the brand to the masses – knows his racing but is good television.

Just depends on if you want to be informed of the thoroughbred or just want some entertainment intertwined with your passion for racing?

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Mark

:shock: ?

You’re not … !

When I get out of this cell I’ll be after those who have wronged me on this site! :twisted:

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

Is there no place for the word "jiggy" on ATR?

• Total Posts 1415

It took me a while to take to Matt Chapman but now I think he’s great.

He’s the type of person rather like John McCririck that you will either love or hate. He’s a very intelligent guy, an excellent race reader and he is fun. Anyone who saw ATR’s boring Breeders Cup coverage on Friday night should appreciate what Chapman gives to the coverage, with him in the booth Saturday night the coverage was a completely different level.

colinf
    • Total Posts 144

After O’Brien’s filly won the Listed race at Fairyhouse last Sunday week he immediately bellowed ‘if that doesn’t win ride of the week I don’t know what will’ ….. or words to that effect. No analysis or comment on what had happened in the race just a reference to a pointless in-house award.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

After O’Brien’s filly won the Listed race at Fairyhouse last Sunday week he immediately bellowed ‘if that doesn’t win ride of the week I don’t know what will’ ….. or words to that effect. No analysis or comment on what had happened in the race just a reference to a pointless in-house award.

A very pointless award, expecially when you consider that races at 31 courses are actually excluded from entering – if was in America it would be called a World Ride Of The Week!!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

He’s a force of nature.

He’s a natural phenomenon, that’s for sure.

But then so is herpes.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

He’s ok – always enthusiastic.

However, sometimes his enthusiasm is too forced, especially when he dissects a race finish. He often makes far too much of a minor incident. Yes, he has to fill air time and make the viewing as "compelling" as possible…but pointless OTT reaction just makes me go for the channel flipper.

Oh, and whenever a horse wins a low-grade handicap it…

"Should make a fantastic hurdler."

*Sigh*

Zip

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 155 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.