The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Matheson Handicap Chase 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Matheson Handicap Chase 2020

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 14936

Another easy puzzle…..

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/187/leopardstown/2020-02-01/749889

No market as yet.

Very difficult to take a strong early view here, but Kildoderry, Debuchet, and Quamino, are the trio who appeal straight off the bat.

Even if there was a market, wouldn’t be touching it right now.

• Total Posts 14936
    • Total Posts 14936

Total flip flop from me here. Kildodery was probably my main hope from the original trio, but he’s not declared, and I’ve also cooled on Quamino and Debuchet.

He’s short enough at 6’s, but the more I look at Snugsborough Hall, the more I like. Very nice winner at The Punchestown Festival, and a nice prep over Hurdles. I’m quite keen on him here.

Us and Them looks like he might be one for The Brown Merriebelle Plate at Cheltenham, having had a nice sighter in November, but I think he’s weighted to run well here. Not without promise at Fairyhouse last time, creeping down the weights, and trainer does well here. I’m close to risking that 20’s, it just looks too big.

No bet yet, but I do really like this pair.

Snugsborough Hall 6’s
    Us and Them 20’s

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 570

It’s another jolly for me, and running off of this mark, it has to be Paloma Blue. 5/1 isn’t great though, and I will wait until Friday.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3879

Agree Bobby, first to catch my eye is Us + Them. Decent course form, wouldn’t mind it on the better side ground-wise for all they’re watering. Current form is a worry, and for all he’s dropping down handicap wise, the 2m novice form hasn’t been working out yet. Maybe he’ll be the first!

The other that’s caught my eye is Quamino for Paul Nolan. Backed him in the 3 mile chase here over xmas, and rounding the bend i had a feeling he would go close if staying as he travelled well. Probably didn’t stay + trainer did point out it was an experiment. Dropped a pound to 136, just won this off 132 last year. He’s probably not especially well handicapped but it wouldn’t shock me if he popped up again.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Participant
    • Total Posts 1332

Snugsborough Hall 6/1 for me in what looks a pretty poor quality race for the prize money IYAM.
    Watered ground will suit and for all he went up a pile for bolting up end of last season, he’s still handicapped to win again. Comeback run over hurdles was encouraging also.

Participant
    • Total Posts 626

Another one for Quamino.

This race looks a lot more suitable for him than his last assignment.

• Total Posts 14936

I’m pleased I waited with Us and Them not declared.

Snugsborough goes though, and can better than the 6’s, so I’ll definitely be betting him, but I’ll see if I can beat 7’s.

Quamino back on my radar now, but I’ll decide nearer the off.

• Total Posts 14936

I’ll kick myself if Quamino comes in, but just the one here for me after all.

Snugsborough Hall 7’s

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 629

Rock The World 25-1 ew 6 places

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.