The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Master Tommytucker

Home Forums Memorials Master Tommytucker

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kristaltips
    Participant
    • Total Posts 159

Fell at the third last in the 3.00 Lingfield and sadly very obviously broke his near fore leg. RIP.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8373

That was awful to see. RIP

Tonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1871

Awful. Ruined what would have been an enjoyable days racing. At least Battleoverdoyen is up OK as that looked a bad fall too.

Kristaltips
    Participant
    • Total Posts 159

@Tonge yes, I was very worried for Battleoverdoyen too and was incredibly relieved to hear he was up and walked in.

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1317

😥 so sad

VF x

lochinver
    Participant
    • Total Posts 281

https://www.paulnichollsracing.com/harry-derhams-blog/?fbclid=IwAR3qgugeI4SBQey0pOW3TwrrAuNo516Su-gOXUosgoGn6dHUZTwluettllI

Horrific result of a fall today for this bold jumper … despite hitting the deck quite a few times in his career he still attacked his fences with bravery – and today he took his last one … Animal Welfare Facebook page put on pictures of it and unfortunately I saw them as I scrolled down … I will struggle to sleep tonight … and the above link also set me off again … thinking of those closest to him and their deep sense of loss … how I wish he’d got up and been OK …

Marlingford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 790

Lochinver, that is a lovely tribute by Harry Derham. One of the best pieces I’ve read following the tragic demise of a racehorse in action. Thank you for sharing it.

lochinver
    Participant
    • Total Posts 281

Yes I thought so too …

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13571

Harry Derham’s tribute just had tears rolling down my face. Written straight from the heart he absolutely nailed how we all feel about these beautiful horses when they are fatally injured and the heartbreak suffered by his owners and all who loved and cared for him.

Animal Welfare should be ashamed of themselves putting such upsetting pictures on their Facebook page.
    This horse was treated like a King he was well fed, warmly stabled and above all he was loved.
    He lived a much happier and fulfilling life than some poor horses could ever dream of. They are the ones Animal Welfare should be focusing on. Anyone who could post pictures of a suffering horse just turns my stomach and in no way represent my idea of Animal Welfare. It was the compassion shown by Harry Cobden and the swiftness of the veterinary called to ease his pain that gave Master Tommytucker some dignity in his passing.

What a handsome boy he was, I hope they may consider naming his last race in his memory. ⚘ RIP

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1317

Animal welfare make me sick, they seem thrive off bad news. And have to share horrific images like connections and fans haven’t seen and been upset enough

VF x

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8373

I had to warn a friend of mine that a mutual friend had posted an awful video of a horse breaking down badly. Thankfully she was able to avoid seeing it: I know how upset she would have been and she was very poorly at the time. It serves no purpose. I’m still haunted by a PETA video that I saw years ago: unknown to me my daughter had been sent it too and she, like me, can’t unsee it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.