The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Martin Kelly

Home Forums Horse Racing Martin Kelly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1921

Martin Kelly is a great addition to ATR he comes across friendly, knowledgable and is a calm interesting presenter and voiceover.

A pleasure to watch and listen to in the booth.

Matt Chapman has he given up the booth presenting to do the commentary permanentally or does he still do ATR booth shifts not seen him for a while?

phil walker
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Agreed Steve, heard a bit of Martin last week and was impressed. As for Matt Chapman, its been really nice and quiet without him, wish he’d stay away permanently

Kenh
    Participant
    • Total Posts 739

Matt Chapman has he given up the booth presenting to do the commentary permanentally or does he still do ATR booth shifts not seen him for a while?

He was in the booth this week in the morning, yesterday I think.

CrustyPatch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 917

The first time I saw Martin Kelly, I was impressed with his fluency, eminently sensible and knowledgeable pre-race summaries and general manner.
    When he left the Press Association, he was no doubt facing an uncertain future but he seems to have carved out quite a promising television career.
    He comes over as confident and well-informed. I have been surprised by the criticism he has been attracting on another forum in the last week or so. Unjustified, from what I have seen.
    What is justified about the widespread criticism of At The Racing at the moment is the appalling quality of the television pictures. One poster summed it up admirably by saying it resembled the old ITV7 picture quality from the 1970s.
    I don’t have RUK but there has been a lot of praise for the quality of the RUK coverage and picture quality from Kelso, now it has switched from ATR.
    I’ll draw a veil over Matt Chapman’s commentaries from Hereford.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.