The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Mares Hurdle 2020

Home Forums Cheltenham 2020 Mares Hurdle 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1379

Trainer has confirmed Honeysuckle 99% certain to miss the Christmas races and will have 1 more run in the new year before running in the Mares Hurdle.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1236

Honeysuckle vs benie des dieux

Opinions if both turn up?

Id be siding with benie since she has been to the festival and done it before

But I’m hoping honeysuckle will be running in the champion hurdle

Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 122

Im hoping it is the Champ hurdle for honeysuckle aswell, im of the opinion the winner from the irish champ hurdle and the irish arkle win at the festival for me!

(Notebook & Honeysuckle!)

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1236

I’d be delighted if you were right as I’m on them at 25/1 and 11/1

Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 122

Me too im quite invested in notebok – honeysuckle – champ classic trebles! For some day 1 cheese

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1236

Iv got bad news

I’m also on champagne classic hahaha

Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 122

Yeah, im trying to find little nuggets of reassurance with friends, newspapers, internet but just gonna have to ride it out, im hoping Carefully Selected bottoms out trying to qualify for the 4miler

befairbefair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1066

If both Honeysuckle + BDD turn up for this it will be harder to win than the Champion Hurdle

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1379

I got Honeysuckle 6s ew for this but Benie today was awesome.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 178

Maybe Benie’s performance might persuade Honeysuckle’s connections to make the right decision and go for the Champion instead? She will not meet anything of Benie’s quality there.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1236

If choosing between taking on epatante or benie des dieux at this stage that looks a very easy choice

But we need to see if honeysuckle has the pace for a high level 2 mile race

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 178

She did not look short of pace at Fairyhouse. I would rather be getting 7 lbs from a lot of horses (except Epatante) with question marks against them than take on Benie at levels. And Epatante has to prove she acts on the track.

Mullins speculated on running Benie in the Stayers but I doubt he would take on Paisley Park if this race looks there for the taking.

Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 122

Well as ive said before i actually like nags running further elsewhere before taking on a shorter trip at cheltenham, its not a HUGE difference but id say a Race elsewhere at one distance maybe you could add another furlong for the same distance at cheltenham, so for me shell find plenty up the hill for running 2.4 most of the time..only if she can go the other way round!

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 689

Lets see how Honeysuckle gets on in Leopardstown first. All she’s beaten so far is Bacardys and a below par Apples Jade; although she did it well. Sharjah & Petit Mouchoir represent the best of the Irish Open 2 mile hurdle form this season; if Honeysuckle can beat them then she’s a Champion Hurdle contender; if she can’t then she’s not.

Woudld Willie really send Benie to the Stayers? He said he’d prefer soft ground for her and Cheltenham is mostly softer on Tuesday than it is on Thursday because they water. If there is rain forecast for the Wednesday or Thursday he might send Benie to the Stayers. Also, if Honeysuckle goes for the Champion Hurdle Willie might fancy his chances of winning the Mares Hurdle with Elimay or Stormy Ireland and let Benie take her chance against Paisley Park.

One thing you know for sure with Mullins is all options will be left open until the last minute so NRNB if you’re getting involved this early.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2398

0 chance honeysuckle beats benie in this

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.