The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Man Utd taken apart

Home Forums General Sports Man Utd taken apart

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

The Spaniards were just far too good, and i’m glad they won. A team that put charity before sponsorship deals, and played fiootball the way no Premiership team can. The foreign billionaires can buy into the EPL all they want, you can’t buy what Barcelona have.

Man Utd were pretty much second best to everything, and Barca had their 2 full backs suspended. The passing and movement had them chasing shadows.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Messi or Ronaldo ?

Well, I think the little Argentinian genius answered that one in emphatic style.

Not often you hear Alex Ferguson praise the other team, but even he couldn’t deny that the better team won.

It was yet another masterclass from Barcelona – truly the best footballing side on the planet. I could watch Iniesta, Xavi, Messi and co. all night.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Scott Minto and Tony Gale were reviewing the game for Sky Sports News and were heaping praise on Ronaldo – apparently he was far better than Messi on the night :shock:

I know Sky’s pundits aren’t famed for their insightful analysis, but they can’t have been watching the same game.

I don’t think there’s a team on the planet who could have lived with Barcelona tonight – the combination of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi was just irresistible. Their passing was neat, sharp and accurate, and their movement on (and off) the ball was outstanding. I have to say that I was also impressed by the desire they showed in closing United down in midfield – world class performance in every respect. Even Puyol was taking the p*ss in the end!

But it’s what you want to see in top level competition – spectacular football. They have their fair share of divers – though they weren’t seen in action tonight – but all they want to do is get the ball down, move it around and attack. At 1-0 they wanted a second, and at 2-0 they wanted a third.

Superb stuff.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Not quite sure if it was down to Man Utd ‘not turning up’ or Barcalona’s great play on the night as it’s always hard to tell. Personally, I was glad to see Barca win but it has nothing to do with all this ‘victory for football’ bullshit whatsoever. I’ve never seen Platini as happy since…Barca beat Arsenal in a final….

They were worthy winners on the night whatever the case.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6226

Messi or Ronaldo ?

quote]

Both top class players, but the difference was that Messi was playing for Barcelona and Ronaldo was playing for Ronaldo.

Rob

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

What was the referee like?

Colin

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

What was the referee like?

Very good I thought

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4825

Delighted by the result :D .

Always admire Barca for the way they run their club and their commitment to playing total football at all times.

Runners up to Liverpool in 2010 :wink:

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8393

We had a very enjoyable holiday in Barcelona a few years ago and, although I only went to keep my S.O. happy, the visit to Nu camp was probably the best part of it. I could have spent half a day in the museum alone. Gary Lineker still has a seat reserved for him there [or, at least he did then]; we held the European Cup and sat in the dugout. Couldn’t believe the scale of the place; the atmosphere when there’s a match must be amazing.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Thanks, David.

Colin

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25901

Messi or Ronaldo ?

quote]

Both top class players, but the difference was that Messi was playing for Barcelona and Ronaldo was playing for Ronaldo.

Rob

Very true Rob and noticeable not just last night but throughout the whole season and probably his career.

Member since March 2008
    Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

We won’t knwo who’s better until Ronaldo move to La Liga. Hopefully he does next season, as the premier league is too over dependant on Ronaldo anyway so it would be funny to see him go.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Poor ol’ Chelsea….they should have had their hands on that cup after disposing of Barca….

Zip

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

Chelsea got what they deserved.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4515

I don’t think Barcelona were anywhere near as brilliant as the plaudits made out. They won primarily because on the night they had two or three players who were better than anything United could offer. I am not entirely sure what else was available but I would have questioned the inclusion of O’Shea, Anderson. Giggs and Park. Rooney contributed next to nothing and although he isn’t considered star material it looked as if they missed Fletcher.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.