The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

LUKE HARVEY

Home Forums Horse Racing LUKE HARVEY

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1063

Just seen him interviewed on ATR and he comes over as a really nice unpretentious bloke. I seem to recall him winning for me on some tasty priced hurdlers. Was he better on hurdlers or chasers?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Just seen him interviewed on ATR and he comes over as a really nice unpretentious bloke. I seem to recall him winning for me on some tasty priced hurdlers. Was he better on hurdlers or chasers?

I country member, to be honest.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Ken,
    i like Lukes style as a TV presenter, and i like his humour, particularly
    on the radio, but as a jockey,style would not be a word used when describing his abilities as a jockey! He was once asked to stand in for" Val
    Doonican" and was fine in his Cardigan and pipe, but they had to scrap the show when he kept falling off his rocking chair! He never did get to sing
    "Delaneys Donkey"!!

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

I am Luke Harveys no 1 fan and am glad to see people giving him a bit of praise!

• Total Posts 1537

I am Luke Harveys no 1 fan and am glad to see people giving him a bit of praise!

Hi Luke.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Luke is perfect for ATR, where the only qualifiation you need seems to be an ability to read the Racing Post and not say anything controversial.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Hi Luke.

Graeme – Luke is a member of the forum but is not Mohat :lol:

If you look at Firefox’s posting you will find a very strong clue as to Luke’s user name

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

so he is one of us??? good job I didn’t go on to say anything about his jockeyship [is that a proper word] although he would probably agree with what I would have said!

pilgarlic
    Participant
    • Total Posts 787

Wondered if there was a broader shoulders private battle – Luke vs the Coopmeister

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

I’ve spoiled it now by posting this, but as I entered the forums just now, the topic titles read, in order;

Effects of Gelding
    Luke Harvey

…which amused me a little. Not that I’m volunteering to perform the task, much less advocate it, you understand…

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

• Total Posts 602

I’ve spoiled it now by posting this, but as I entered the forums just now, the topic titles read, in order;

Effects of Gelding
    Luke Harvey

…which amused me a little. Not that I’m volunteering to perform the task, much less advocate it, you understand…

gc

You won’t believe this, but the forum topic titles currently read:

Effects of Gelding
    Jamie Spencer

From what some people seem to think of his riding, I think the latter might be quite popular!!!!

Darren – AngloGerman

‘The Hungarian’s going hell for leather’ – Jim McGrath

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Always liked Luke Harvey as a jockey……..couldn’t believe that Barney Curley/Big Mac interview when Barney said to him he was useless.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Wasn’t Lou Carvey’s nickname "Leg-Lock" when he was riding.

I remember him riding a winner once when all the other horses in the race fell and he came home alone. Anyone remember the name of the winner. Fists probably backed it! :wink:

Colin

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1932

Too Plush

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Did you back it Barney? ‘No I was afraid’ Classic tv.

katabatic
    • Total Posts 17

What an honour to have a whole topic on me ! i haven’t been so proud since Barney said ‘ i know nothing about horse racing ‘ ………
    Anyone going point to pointing at Black Forest Lodge tomorrow ?

• Total Posts 4293

Luke, you came across as a really nice self-depreciating guy when you did the racing preview on Radio 5 live at 6.55am. Did you have any help with the Flat stuff, or was it all your own work?

To quote Carvillshill ROTFLMAO.

Gerald

edit: to be honest, I thought you did a grand job.

Further edit: that wasn’t a typo, just drunkeness. It should read self-deprecating, instead of self-depreciating, shouldn’t it?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.