The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

LUKE BACK IN TOWN

Home Forums Horse Racing LUKE BACK IN TOWN

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1063

Not that he ever went away, but our forum friend Luke Harvey is back in business, only today he had his first runner as a trainer. His horse Nawow was up with the leaders for most of the way and only tired on the home turn. The jockey, Mr. Painting, seemed quite brave, really throwing Nawow at some of the fences. It’s to be hoped that Luke has a successful new career. Good wishes Luke from everyone on the forum. Have you any horses like Katabatic lined uo for the future?
    Ken

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

Yep, I echo those sentiments wishing Luke the best of luck in his training career.
    Indeed, NAWOW ran well — tiring only only in the last furlong or two to finish in the top half of the field ( 5th or 6th, I think).

I was disappointed to hear Boycie hint that Luke will unlikely be seen again on ATR as a presenter. I would have hoped that he would keep his hand in doing the occasional gig.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

I’m sure Luke will be happy enough with that. Nawow’s two point performances this season prior to today’s effort had comprised a well-held third to City Affair in a dirge at Howick and a first-fence bringing-down at Black Forest Lodge (Sam Painting up on both occasions), so he wasn’t really a big-priced winner waiting to happen.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

katabatic
    • Total Posts 17

Thanks for your kind words but i can assure everyone i’m certainly not starting a new career.
    Nawow is my only horse and he wasn’t getting the trip in point to points so i ran him in a hunter chase.
    Great fun day but Nicholls, King and Murphy can sleep easy!

• Total Posts 1063

Oops a daisy! Silly me, misunderstood/misheard the ATR caller. At least everyone came back safe. Hope Nawow recovers quickly and gives you loads more fun days, Luke.
    Who knows, perhaps someone from the forum will win the lottery and persuade you that your true destiny lies in training the winner of the 2010 National? Stranger things have happened, Luke…………..now what did I do with that lottery ticket, time I checked my numbers…
    Ken

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

Great stuff!!

Well done Luke on winning the Towc h’cap chase with Nawow.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Great stuff!!

Well done Luke on winning the Towc h’cap chase with Nawow.

I think you’d be better passing on your good wishes to Charlie Morlock.

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

I don’t agree.
    As Luke is the owner of Nawow ……… it is appropriate to congratulate him on the horse’s win. ( Similar to the case of Jo Jo Star’s Swinton Hurdle victory which initiated a three-page thread congratulating you, David, rather than Richard Fahey).
    Charlie Morlock is not a member of this forum ( to the best of my knowledge) …………. so ‘t’would be a bit pointless directing a congratulatory post on here in his direction.

Anyway, Luke was a trainer in proxy tonight at Towc — saddling up etc — as Morlock was snarled in traffic and could not attend. :)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Apologies, I didn’t realise Luke was the owner. Well done Luke.

katabatic
    • Total Posts 17

Thank for your kind words i’m have never been so pleased about having a winner in my whole life.
    My mum was diagnosed with a very severe illness the day before and having her with me to watch Wowzer meant more than you can ever imagine. A very very emotional night……

GhostofTheFellow
    • Total Posts 410

Well done Luke,really happy for you.

I spoke to you a couple of years ago at Perth and you are one of the nicest down to earth people in racing media,couldnt happen to a nicer guy.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Excellent result, Luke, and some real comfort and succour at the end of an emotional week, no doubt.

He saw it out far better than I thought he would, especially given the brisk early tempo and the slightly ungainly manner in which he covers the ground – his off-fore in particular seemed to be splaying outwards all the way up the home straight. Certainly looked as if the application of the blinkers first time assisted him, didn’t it.

Very much looking forward to seeing how much further he can go if kept going during the summer.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.