The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Looking for ex racehorse

Home Forums Horse Racing Looking for ex racehorse

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Loubird
    • Total Posts 5

Hi to all
    Don’t know if anyone can help me, I’m in the search of a exracer to re-school, I have had one in the past given to me from a friend and reschooled into a excellent allrounder and hunter, but had to sell her due to relationship breakdown! Now I’m on the look out again for one! Anyone know of any that are either free to good home or loan? Have the ££ for upkeep but not any masses for initial purchase. So please if any one knows or has a lovely 16hh plus that’s not cut out to race please let me know. Thank you Em

Roseblossom
    Participant
    • Total Posts 353

Have you tried the likes of HEROS and Greatwood?

Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

Hi
    Recently went on a racing tour of Middleham. If you give me your contact details I may be able to pass on your details to someone. Obviously they will need to check out the end destination for any suitable horses to make sure that everything is okay

Loubird
    • Total Posts 5

Thank you both for your responses,

by all means feel free to email me on boriscedargrace@hotmail.com, Im up in nottinghamshire and im more than willing to travel to meet with owners/trainners if need be and will keep in contact with old owners to inform of any progress.

I have contacted Darley, greatwood and Heros and the TRC so fingers crossed. thanks again

Participant
    • Total Posts 441

I can probably help you. If so you would have to travel to Fishguard Wales. Is this OK?

• Total Posts 94

These folks always have plenty Loubird. Updated regular and have many coming in quite often. There has been a few recognisable names with them too.

http://equinerescueandrehoming.info/

Loubird
    • Total Posts 5

Just want to say thank you for your comments, hopefully soon will have a something!

I think once you’ve had horses and done all the hard work you never get over the buzz of doing a dressage test or lasting a days hunting on a ex racehorse, amazing animals!!
    thanks and will keep you all posted!

jinnyj
    • Total Posts 141

Apart from trying the obvious sites already mentionned, you could contact a few local trainers (Steve Gollings is in your area). I wouldn’t advise going to Ascot Sales – there are plenty of cunningly disguised horses! You can buy nice horses there but equally you can buy something totally unsuitable so if you don’t have any inside info, I’d leave well alone.

This site has lots of ex-racers on either for sale or loan and is regularly updated:

http://www.horsemart.co.uk/16hh_black_t … ert/124319

He looked quite a nice type!

Best of luck (I have just rehomed one myself this week but if I hear of any others, I will be in touch).

Let us know how you get on and what you get!

Loubird
    • Total Posts 5

Thank you all of you for your help with trying to find an ex racer.

I have just taken on a 7yr old from a lovley trainer/owner local to me.

Thank you all once again!!
    Happy times ahead!!

Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

Good luck with him Loubird I hope he turns out to be ideal for your needs

sovies friend
    Participant
    • Total Posts 71

whats his name loubird. I hope you do really well with him.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 158

i have a 15,3hh ex race horse if anyone interested £750. 9 year old bay gelding.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.