The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Locksmith

Home Forums Horse Racing Locksmith

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Black Sam Bellamy
    • Total Posts 441

I see that the Johnson/Wylie axis have just spent £40k on the ex-Martin Pipe/Peter Monteith grey, Locksmith.

I was surprised to read the horse is still only a 7YO (he seems to have been around for an age), but to me it still seems an awful lot of money to pay for a horse that, despite a recent upturn, will be running in handicap chases at the likes of Hexham and Sedgefield. Is the Wylie cupboard quite so bare of emerging stars that he needs to buy a horse that I would regard as being fully exposed ?

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

Madness to pay so much for this fully exposed horse. I wonder who made the decision to buy this.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

The Wylie cupboard is pretty bare at the moment, and I do rate Locksmith as a decent campaigner, but I fail to see the logic in spending 40 grand on a horse who’s ultimate ambition can only be the Grand Annual!

racinggirluk
    • Total Posts 232

I would pay this money for this horse, the horse is a difficult member to train, is a tricky ride and is very tempermental, being at Pipes blew his brain, hence why he went to Monteiths, but sadly he has never showed the promise that was expected of him, racing also buzzes him up, he is also very strong …

Tony25
    • Total Posts 327

I like that one……………i tried to get this horse for a non racing project, but sadly the owner wanted to take him to the sales

I guess DJ wasn`t sad as he has 40 reasons :lol: to be happy, would almost cover the price of a good meal in Banus :shock:

racinggirluk
    • Total Posts 232

I think away from the hustle and bustle of racing he would be a different horse,
    (I did write original post at nearly midnight and have pmt!)

TheCheekster
    • Total Posts 329

I think the fact that you would, supposedly, pay £25k for something to go happy hacking indicates that you know nothing at all.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

That wasn’t very nice, Cheekster! :shock:

Colin

racinggirluk
    • Total Posts 232

I dont do happy hacking…far from it!

TheCheekster
    • Total Posts 329

That wasn’t very nice, Cheekster! :shock:

Colin

I was only saying what everyone else was thinking!
    Yes Racinggirl, from your posts on another forum I had worked out you dont do happy hacking, infact you havent sat on a horse for a couple of years have you?

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Just a touch presumptious of you there, m’dear! :?

I thought no such thing!

Colin

racinggirluk
    • Total Posts 232

I never said I had not sat on a horse for years, I took 2 years out due to serious illness to which I nearly died, I resumed riding about a year ago, but my mum rides her own horses and have not had a horse of my own to bring on in a few years due to my last horse dying of colic..
    Guess you dont know me that well…

Anyway I got better things to than come on here…

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

WTF was that all about!

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

30,000 guineas for Augustine looks dafter imo. Peter Hiatt isn’t a trainer I’d want to be buying from and thinking I could improve it.

Tony25
    • Total Posts 327

Augustine…..Wow that`s an incredible amount of money for a 67 rated 6-y-o Gelding with 52 races on the clock,he`s notorious for being difficult to win with (5/52),although often placed!!

Who paid that amount? Any idea who will train?

Whoever it is must have seen more than the rest of us!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.