The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Librettist

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Meshaheer
    • Total Posts 486

Godolphin’s turnaround in fortune continues as Librettist has won the Marois in Deauville. I didn’t see the race as I’m being a gormless idiot today and only managed to switch ATR on five minutes after the race was off. But I’ve always been keen on Librettist and he’s really improved this season.

Also Cherry Mix has won the G1 over at Cologne, which is a vast improvement on what he’s been showing for Godolphin so far, although he was far from disgraced in the King George despite finishing last of six.

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

Was again impressed today with Librettist, especially considering the very soft ground. Not surprisingly was getting a little weary at the death but he travelled very well in the race against some very good milers. Personally think he’ll prove much better on genuinely good ground but hopefully he get written up as preferring soft ground and will be overpriced if racing on faster in future.

Doesn’t the 7/2 for his reappearance in a conditions race at Nottingham this year look massive now?!

Another for the boys in blue this week is Belenus at Salisbury on thursday. Hopefully he will get the cut in the ground he needs and should go well.

Meshaheer
    • Total Posts 486

Finally saw the race today on the ATR replay. It was quite a taking performance in that ground and I’m looking forward to his next run – hopefully taking on the likes of Court Masterpiece, an on-song Araafa and even George Washington.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Connections said they wanted soft ground for him, and given the way he travelled he looked like he relished it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.