The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Liberty taking bookies

Home Forums Horse Racing Liberty taking bookies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Some bookies should be done for trading under false pretences.

William Hill are still quoting Charchter Bulider for the Grand National knowing full well the horse won’t run.

The have Franchoek at 8/1 for the Supreme Hurdle along with Paddy Power who are going 10/1 and according to someone yesterday he has been taken out the race. If that is true I find that shocking

I know as long as a horse is still in th entries they are entitled to keep them on their lists but surely if a trainer announces a horse will miss a race they should suspend the betting on him immeditaly?

I swear they are getting worse……….Denman might well win the Gold Cup but his price is a total joke and has been for months Most of them are going 14/1 and 16/1 about Butler’s Cabin who Jonjo can’t get to put one foot in front of another. Should be nearer 50/1 just to make it to the National……they really do take the buscuit with some of their ideas of a fair price. Again I realise you don’t have to bet with them.

If they take a bet on ahorse they know will not run they should be charged with stealin, insider tadaing or whatever……..it’s nothing short of criiminal behaviour IMO.

Anyone elses spotted them offering prices on horses said to be doubtful runners.?

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Anyone who backs a horse after it’s been publicised as a non-runner deserves all they get IMO. Also, there is a rather famous of example of this coming back to bite the rear-ends of layers in the 2005 Gold Cup through a certain agressive monarch.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Fist of Fury 2k8 >>> " Denman might well win the Gold Cup "

Doth mine eyes deceive me? Surely not ? :lol:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Character Building is still in the entries for the Grand National so the bookies are well within their rights to price him up – though I don’t agree with it if the trainer has announced he won’t be running.

But regarding Franchoek, he has definitely been scratched from all Cheltenham races apart from the Triumph so I don’t agree that the bookies are sitll quoting him for races he is no longer entered in.

Mike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.