The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Lexus 2011

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Lexus 2011

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 647

Agree the market is skewed here, love QDLR and think he should be a marginal favourite but he’s too short at the moment, Rubi Light is way over priced at 4/1 and have backed him accordingly.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see QDLR drift on the day to around 5/2 and Rubi come in to around the same mark.

• Total Posts 1533

Sorry mate I totally forgot you had already started a thread

CLOSED

deeman
    • Total Posts 103

Rubi light doesn’t look like a stamina horse, don’t think he will stay. Quito De La Roque needed that run lto and will be a different horse come the day. Gets the trip, has the pace and WILL WIN :)

Deeman

• Total Posts 6

I think Rubi Light could be the one to beat. He is the best jumper in the race but he isn’t definite to get the 3 miles. He is improving and he should improve from the Durkan chase.

• Total Posts 166

Joncol! That’s all i have to say on the matter.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

I really do agree Rubi Light is a good price here. I don’t think the trip will trouble him and he looks very progressive. Favourite wants a war of attrition in a bog.

Zip

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I think I’m in the minority in thinking that Quito De La Roque will improve for decent ground and Cheltenham. He traveled better than ever on good ground at Punchestown and he wasn’t half bad at Aintree either considering the two bad mistakes he made.

He’s still a fairly raw talent in my opinion. What puzzles me is why Colm Murphy ran him at Down Royal when he said beforehand that the horse was rushed to get there after a setback. :? He ran no sort of race really and I’d say they were delighted he managed to poke in front on the run to the line. It really was a victory for the horse who saw out the trip as opposed to the horses who didn’t stay. If he runs like that next week he won’t be in the first five home.

I’d say he’s improved no end since then and I’m expecting a much sharper Quito this time around. When he jumps well he’s a joy to watch but a mistake down the back here last year cost him the race and a similar mistake this time will likely do so again.

Rubi Light is no mug and although I backed Joncol last time I find it hard to see him reversing the form. He stayed all the way to the line in the Durkan but Rubi Light looked different gravy, he jumped and traveled like the supreme animal. I also think he’ll stay and his price will probably contract further.

The thing about this race is I’m half afraid they’ll go very slow and then sprint for home, with Rubi Light leading the charge and perhaps Quito getting caught off his feet. He’ll eat the hill, but will Rubi Light have stole a march by then :?:

As someone else here said, they could both go off around 5/2 joint favs, in which case my money would have to be on Quito. He’s a future Gold Cup winner in my opinion.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Quito De La Roque should mop up this sort of race. Had the best preparation for it too.

• Total Posts 1533

Jonjo now intends to send Synchronised for this who will be a fence behind Rubi Light by halfway if he goes on a go slow for the first mile.

A decision based purely on ground conditions and the possibility Rubi Light won’t run or won’t stay in very heavy ground.

Would be quite a tussle between him and Quitto if Rubi doesn’t run.

It could give punters the opportunity to have a nap as it could run longer than Star Trek.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Rubi Light – 5 from 9 over fences (career 6/20) – one Gr1 and one Gr2

Quito – 6 from 7 (career 8/12) – two Gr1s, 3Gr2s – proven stayer

Quito seems the better value at current prices, imo.

• Total Posts 1533

Horses change and some improve no end and what I’ve seen of Rubi Light he certainly fits the bill. He looks well capable of leaving his old form well behind.

The furthest back you should be looking is their last runs.

Rubi Light won a Grade 1 with ease whereas Quitto was well beaten and only won because the 2 in front didn’t see out the trip and came flying back to him.

Value only applies if a horse wins and if Rubi stays he wins.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

HGM, why on earth is their respective last runs the only races you should be looking at? :shock: Qiuto De La Roque wasn’t near fit, and it was a testament to his heart that he kept going to pick up the pieces. He mightn’t be the quickest horse in the world but he was off the bridle a mile out over 3 miles on heavy ground. He’s not that slow! :lol: If you take his last run as Quito De La Roque’s true merit then you’re in for a shock. He’s a much better animal than that. He was blatantly off colour that day, looked a shadow of the horse that mopped up novice chases last year. Whether he’ll beat Rubi Light is another matter but he won’t be far off him :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32995

Form of the JNWine is better than last year’s novice form THM. So you’d expect him to struggle to beat established horses. Although I agree Quito did show more speed than expected at Aintree and Punchestown. So should have enough speed here, if good enough. And also, if over his hard race last time. For a reportedly less than 100% fit horse to have a race like that, could set him back.
    Looks a two horse race to me, Quito and Rubi.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2037

Had another look at Quito’s novice season; they are all on ATR apart from his win at Aintree. Can’t say they were visually impressive, and he looks a bit of a slogger. But he kept winning, and kept improving.
    Rubi Light looks faster, but will he stay?
    Both are French-bred, so their breeding doesn’t give me any clues. Can anyone help?

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

"Gingertipster" wrote: Form of the JNWine is better than last year’s novice form THM. So you’d expect him to struggle to beat established horses. Although I agree Quito did show more speed than expected at Aintree and Punchestown. So should have enough speed here, if good enough. And also, if over his hard race last time. For a reportedly less than 100% fit horse to have a race like that, could set him back.
    Looks a two horse race to me, Quito and Rubi.

I’m not so sure about the JNWine form Ginger. The Quito who ran at Punchestown would have won that far more convincingly imo. But as I said I believe he wasn’t near right that day and the race fell into his lap. He’ll be far more ready this time, and I’m glad they’ve given him time to get over the Down Royal race rather than run in the Durkan. Agree that it looks a two horse race.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Had another look at Quito’s novice season; they are all on ATR apart from his win at Aintree. Can’t say they were visually impressive, and he looks a bit of a slogger. But he kept winning, and kept improving.
    Rubi Light looks faster, but will he stay?
    Both are French-bred, so their breeding doesn’t give me any clues. Can anyone help?

Judged on the way he was coming back into the RyanAir – after a sloppy jump and getting outpaced – not only will Rubi L. get 3m, he’ll positively improve for it.
    QDLR is a slogger, and though he might be okay on better ground against lesser horses, I doubt he’ll keep up with a jumper the calibre of Rubi Light, (as he couldn’t in his last race).

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

"reet hard" wrote: I doubt he’ll keep up with a jumper the calibre of Rubi Light, (as he couldn’t in his last race).

Reet, do you think that was Quito De La Roque’s true running :?:

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 187 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.