The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Lexus 2011

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Lexus 2011

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

After Quito De La Roque’s gutsy performance at Down Royal today I thought it was time to start a thread on this.

It’s all systems go for this race now it seem, although the Durkan is a possibility. While I do think he is Ireland’s best chance of a Gold Cup winner, he could have his work cut out against Pandorama here. I’d fins it very hard to separate the two of them and with the prospect of Denman coming over from England it could be a cracker.

• Total Posts 1982

<i>Denman looks to continue his rise up the chasing ranks with victory in the Grade 1 Lexus Chase at Leopardstown tomorrow. He will face a maximum of five rivals in the three mile contest, headed by last years winner The Listener.

Beef Or Salmon, L’Antartique, State Of Play and Mossbank also take their chance.</i>

Will Denman cement his claim as the main danger to runaway King George hero Kauto Star, or will another challenger take the spoils?

Denman; Back or Lay? The choice is yours.

• Total Posts 790

I can’t see Denman being beaten

I fancy Denman & L’Antartique for the forecast. 8)

GhostofTheFellow
    • Total Posts 410

Denman looks like a steering job.

Might have a very very small ew bet on Beef or Salmon.

Kevin
    • Total Posts 295

Neither! A race to sit back and enjoy. Should be a cracker.

I hope Denman wins impressively .

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

At 2/5 I’d be more tempted to oppose than to support, but I still think Denman should take this without too much fuss. Will probably just enjoy it without financial strings however.
    Personally I think it’s a very interesting race. I’ll be especially interested to see how L’Antartique goes in Grade 1 company, as I’m a big fan of his.

Kalidor
    • Total Posts 96

Based on his Hennessy performance Denman should wallop this lot. Easily. 8)

Kalidor.

The real barney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 162

How many favs won in last ten years?

Can anyone name all beaten favs ? I have found a few.

Rince RI
    First Gold
    War of Attrition
    Florida Pearl
    Native Upmanship
    Best Mate
    Beef or Salmon

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

I honestly haven’t got a clue……….on the one hand I would expect to Denman to win easily on the other hand no one can make a fool of you better than the Irish.

I bet the double but I am far from confident of the result…….I think this Irish horse is better than we think and we could be in for a surprise……..this is not the Hennessy…….this horse is miles better than anything Denman beat in that.

If he stays this trip we could have a real race on our hands and this jolly may even get turned over….This horse jumps and gallops for fun as does Denman…..I learned a long time ago never to underestimate the Irish they are making plans you never heard of when you are still snoring your head of. I can’t see The Listener going down without a fight

I hope he doesn’t stay a yard of the trip or even better he does and Denman still trots up, because like everyone, I want to see Kauto V Denman and Co and not just Kauto V ED and a bunch of also rans.

underscore
    • Total Posts 537

Good to see a few people mentioning L’Anty…..as much as i expect Denman to win this i’m really looking forward to seeing what Anty can do in a field of this class. This will also decide wether he can be a Gold Cup contender….might be worth a wee trade…

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Denman to win… by a fence. :wink:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

• Total Posts 500

Tom Segal says Denman is priced up on hype, but surely he’s priced up on him being rated clear of the Listener etc by Timeform and his employers the Racing Post, the ease with which he won the Hennessey and the possibility of coming on a few pounds for that Hennessey win

• Total Posts 1800

like FoF i am on the festive double at 2.6 so will probably have a stake cover on the listener at 4/1ish

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

How many favs won in last ten years?

Can anyone name all beaten favs ? I have found a few.

Rince RI
    First Gold
    War of Attrition
    Florida Pearl
    Native Upmanship
    Best Mate
    Beef or Salmon

I never understand the relevance of stats such as these. Simple statistical deviation will explain such occrances more often than not. Unless theres a valid explanation for this being "a bad race for favourites" then it is of interest at all

The real barney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 162

Clive,

To be more specific- I think its a race in which the result is often decided between interested parties before the race is run.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

can we have some details please? :D

The real barney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 162

If I was a pro punter who owned a horse like this, a horse who i knew was a gold cup winner waiting to happen i would tell the trainer to give it a good rest after its last win and instruct the jockey not to be to hard on the horse and when the GC price drifted to about 6 or 7 tommorrow I would be steaming in.

maybee thats just me though

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 187 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.