The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Leinster National 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Leinster National 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17031

A lot of the usual suspects in here, but a few jumping out straight away. Thankfully no early market, so plenty of time to change my mind……

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/192/naas/2020-03-08/752296

I was very happy with General Principle last week, and he confirmed the promise of his Thyestes run, by making the frame in The Boylesports National Trial at a price. Although no excuses, he was certainly comfortably held, it was a fair run, and but for clouting three out, he might have been closer. He won’t open at a big price this time, and this may come soon enough, but should he trap, them certainly one to consider.

Eventually pulled up in that race was Stones and Roses, but he travelled really well for a way, and I think he’s ideal for this. He hasn’t done much, but his campaign has caught my attention, and he looks the type that Mullins can get plenty of improvement out of. I’ve seen enough to like. This trip shouldn’t be an issue, and the biggest problem facing him is sneaking in. If there’s an Antepost market, I’d play him early, and I’d be fairly confident of getting a price, safe in the knowledge that he might still get balloted out.

No such worries for Livelovelaugh. He’s another who didn’t disgrace himself in The Thyestes, and this race looks absolutely perfect for him, and he’ll definitely be getting bet. Smashing run in The National, and also at Punchestown. Off of 141 here, I’m very keen.

Koshari, Listen Dear, and The Long Mile, all make plenty of appeal too, but I’m happy with the first three named.

Livelovelaugh a strong fancy, while Stones and Roses an interesting outsider, should he sneak in, while General Principle should run his race.

Livelovelaugh

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2263

Nothing stands out so much.

Moonshine Bay might be one that steps forward a fair bit from his run at Leopardstown. Jessie has started hitting a good level of form again. She has 6 winners in the last 14 days, though they have all been fairly high up in the market so some were clearly expected. I’m not sure on his mark though, as i don’t think his formlines entitle him to be 139.

I’d say Ten Ten will be popular. Along with the owners Red Jack who is only 120, and back in the day people would’ve laughed if you had said he’d be a 120 horse. Wasn’t a bad run last time.

Smoking Gun is a horse i’ve a bit of time for and i thought he’d do a lot better than he did at Gowran. He can probably be forgiven the run on the ground, but i would say he won’t be given a lot of room in the market either.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

• Total Posts 17031

I liked Moonshine Bay for Leapordstown Jack, but I was a bit disappointed. As you say though, entitled to improve, and I’ve got one eye on him this time.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2263

He’s running on Sunday Bobby..in another tricky race!

• Total Posts 17031

Looks winnable Jack, I’ll wait and see what he opens at.

Lemons68Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 426

Smoking Gun or Koshari look nice types for this, but I’m happy that I can’t bet on this just now.

• Total Posts 17031

Well only General Principle left from my early shortlist, very pleased there wasn’t a market, as I would have definitely bet Livelovelaugh early.

No option but to side with General Principle at the very least now, though Dounikos might be an interesting one.

• Total Posts 17031

Happy enough with the booking of Gavin Brouder for General Principle, so he’ll do for me.

I’d like another, and I do like Dounikos and Bonbon Au Miel, but just the one for now.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2263

Red Jack looked to a graded hurdler waiting to happen after his bumper and maiden hurdle wins. Things clearly haven’t went to plan, and he’s running in a race off 122, having failed to complete in 3 of his 7 starts. However, I thought his run the last day was much more promising. He has looked to hate fences at times, but when third at Naas he got into the race nicely and stayed on under a tender ride. To me, that was a “let him go out and gain some confidence” ride which a lot of JPs get! While 11Ls back to Valdieu and Halsafari isn’t stellar form but I’d say he’s interesting tomorrow at 16/1. IF he continues to progress with his jumping, over 3miles off a featherweight.

Agree on Bonbon VTC, seems mad to fancy a horse off that type of layoff, but he was fancied to better than this mark, Mullins I believe will have him ready. Owner hasn’t had much luck recently. Might do him too, but its all Red Jack for me.

I had races like this in mind for Cap York and he has a very good pilot on board. However, he’s really fallen off a cliff so I couldn’t back him tomorrow with any confidence.

• Total Posts 17031

Good luck Jack with Jack.

I won’t waste my breath saying I won’t cover Bonbon, because I know I will, but all about General Principle.

There’ll be an incoming R4 with The Long Mile, but delighted with the opening 16’s.

General Principle 16’s EW 4 Places

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 362

I backed general to , I’ll be following his jockey if he,s akt Cheltenham ,’ll def have an eye on Mullins horse to , I had backed in the RSA he fell in

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2263

Good money for both Red jack and general principle even with a r4! Fingers crossed red jacks jumping can continue to improve

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 277

I like that support for Red Jack, so I’m with you there.

I’m also going to back Chef Des Obeaux at the same price 9/1

I’ll kick myself though if I miss another Brouder win, but I have to stick to my guns.

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 255

General Principle
    Dounikis
    Red Jack
    Win singles and comb/ tricast
    Good luck with your selections

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 165

Chef Des Obeaux for me, on the nose 12-1, and also a little bit on Dounikos at 40-1 ew

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.