The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Leicester 2.30…

Home Forums Horse Racing Leicester 2.30…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Did anyone else see it and think that the jockey could have done an awful lot more on the favourite, EVS favourite at that too so plenty of support for it.

Didn’t get at the horse at all during the race, and not even during the final 2 furlongs which is a long way out, given that there were horses finishing strongly either side.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6212

Looked a case of inexperience to me.

He got out of sync with the horse’s stride pattern when pushing out in the final furlong, and I suspect he would probably have complicated matters even more if he had brandished the whip. In contrast All You Need ‘s rider got a decent ‘charge’ out of his mount, momentum and a superior riding performance won the day.

Rob

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Don’t underestimate the going here at Leicester – despite the official going the ground it rattling and a lot of the runners are not acting on it.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

I agree, jockey inexperience cost the horse first place. A stronger, more experienced rider would, I am almost certain, have won on that horse.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Obviously I have never ridden horses competitively so can’t comment on the need for synchronicity, but inexperience can’t be blamed for not riding a horse out – the lad was doing next to nothing for most of the final furlong.

More should have been seen to be done on a short-priced favourite who had, until that point, travelled all over the field and was at least 9lb well-in with every other runner.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6212

Obviously I have never ridden horses competitively so can’t comment on the need for synchronicity, but inexperience can’t be blamed for not riding a horse out – the lad was doing next to nothing for most of the final furlong.

More should have been seen to be done on a short-priced favourite who had, until that point, travelled all over the field and was at least 9lb well-in with every other runner.

He did ride the horse out. The problem was he got out of synch with the horse’s stride, so effectively all he was doing was bumping up and done in the saddle and if anything he was hindering the horse through his untidy ride.

Looking at the race again he’s pushing the horse out to about 100 yards out, and then his pushing gets out of time with the horse’s bobbing head. At this point he’s lost the rhythm and cosnequently hindering instead of helping the horse. But he is definitely riding the horse out, even if he isn’t very good at it.

Rob

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.