Leading bookmakers security is dreadful

Home Forums Horse Racing Leading bookmakers security is dreadful

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Triptych Triptych 1 day, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1079

Im not going to name them yet but to coin their phrase, their security is pants

I am battling to recover funds after my account was hacked a second time and they allowed cash to go to Russia. Now that i want to draw the remaining balance they want Id to withdraw. Thats fair enough but they wont answer what ID was presented by the hackers. Ie none

Im trying to resolve amciably but I seriously warn punters not to keep funds with this bookmaker.

Hackers tried my Coral account too and Corals security were spot on. Handled perfectly. They also couldnt get near my bet 365 account

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2122

once may be regarded as a misfortune; twice looks like carelessness – not to mention breach of law/licence.

maybe time to call in the authorities?:

https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/

https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/for-the-public/Your-rights/Complaints.aspx

Dahlia1973
    Participant
    • Total Posts 39

clive –just one question but how did the hackers get hold of your username and password?

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14122

They’ll have a programme which uses every infinite combination.

Crude example, but they’ll go for

Username – MrPPower
    Password – Dahlia1

Username – MrPPower
    Password – Dahlia2

Username – MrPPower
    Password – Dahlia3

…and so on

That’s one way they can do it.

clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1079

thanks all and thats useful wit

key is why they allowed funds out without my id? they refuse to answer that and their id procedure is thorough

its a disgrace

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7392

Sorry to hear about what happened to you clive and even though I usually withdraw all my winnings within at least 24 hours it could easily happen to anyone.

I’ve just opened up a Bet365 account as I’m taking a guess you might be talking PPower and that is where I am at the moment. Never had any issue in the last 5 years but heard nothing but good things regarding the B365 experience and thought it time for change, thanks for making me rethink the way I bet and to be aware of any unusual activity around my account. :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...

clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1079

Hi mate

Yes you guessed right and the experience has been awful and searching the net certainly indicates that I’m far from alone. A few have said that their online security is dreadful but what’s shocked me is the service. They used to be pretty good

The bet365 account has some clever security features that are easy. It’s a state of art website too. Top class imo

Dahlia1973
    Participant
    • Total Posts 39

Hi clive/Trip,

Stay with 365 – far and away the best out there and what is strange about them is they’ll even take a reasonable horse bet from you. None of this insulting ‘you can have £1 to win or .33 pence ew patent’ nonsense with them that you get from some of the other ‘giants’. The site is easy and simple to use as well, with good cash out facilities and you can even bet place only if you so wish.

I’m not surprised their CEO is paid well — she actually seems to welcome customers.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7392

Will do Dahlia :good:
    I’m just using up my credit in PPower and took up one of their Specials just before the off of the 2.05 on Definitely Red and Chris’s Dream 2.10 Navan 5/1 Double…thought that was a bit of a steal but as I pressed the 5/1 it came up on my betslip as 9/2..ok my bet came home but feel they cut my bet and it was only £10 stake. :good:
    :bye: Goodbye Paddy Power :bye:

TimJames
    Participant
    • Total Posts 291

I won’t use Skybet any more, only allowed to have a 4 digit password, and the last time I placed money into account from my Skybet registered credit card I forgot to put the three digit security number into the payment form, however the payment went through immediately without it. I deregistered the card with them and haven’t used them since or intend doing so. A pity as they will sometimes be be a stick out price on one I want to be on.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 19784

I’ve just opened up a Bet365 account

Jac, make sure you sign up to Rewards 4 Racing.
    You get points for bets you make and can turn those into free tickets at certain racing courses. Always get my Cheltenham tickets via R4R

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3624

Me too Nath :good: :good:

Have had a good few free days at the races thanks to R4R :good:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7392

:good: Thanks Nathan and Raymo :good:
    Yes I have done just that and also got my Newmarket Badge via them too which helps with friends and family tickets.

I put £50 into Bet365 to kick start my account and they matched that with £50 credits so can’t moan and be even better if Custom Cut wins the 7.15 at 33/1 although he might need a bit of divine intervention to get him there..He who dares wins Rodders B-)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.