The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Lafi

Home Forums Memorials Lafi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Burroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

I know this is already in the main forum, but I feel he deserves a place here after his sad demise (we assume) on saturday.

A lovely horse who’ll be sadly missed.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

That was absolutely horrible to watch. Even worse than horatio, looked the jockey was still tryingto ride him for a bit whilst his leg was flopping around. Was he put down?

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Dreadful viewing.  A sad end for a great old stalwart of the sprinting scene.<br>Very sad for connections.  No doubt at all that he was put down.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Terrible shame for the horse. But forgive me for not shedding a tear for connections.

Burroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

That was horrible to watch, as Bulwark says, especially when the jock was trying to pull him up. Made me feel quite sick. Very sad for connections. He’s been a fun horse to follow.

Perpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Horrible to see. Was watching with the kids & my 6yr old was in tears. No way you can explain is there…

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

Very sad to see and the only part of our sport I dread.

jackane24
    • Total Posts 444

Really was an extremely sad moment. I second all condolences, and offer my own. I have been a huge fan of this horse throughout his career, and really a huge shame for racing.

But DJ – was there really any need for the latter part of your comment? No, there wasn’t. Once again, your ego is shining through rather very brightly.

Your comment about Electrocutionist wasn’t exactly very heart-warming either.  (For those who don’t know/don’t remember….. https://theracingforum.co.uk/cgi-bin … 47&start=0 )

So may I ask…..what the **** is your problem? I don’t believe for a second you care what anyone thinks about you, but I find you a pathetic excuse for a human being.

If you cannot appreciate what these living animals go through 350+ days of the year for hundreds of thousands people’s enjoyment, and can only appreciate ‘what the lads at Halifax’ think, then quite frankly, this board would be 10 times better without you.

If I had said what you wrote in this thread, people would be ripping me to shreds right now.

The only thing stopping others agreeing with me is the fact that I am the one posting this, and not someone like Cormack or Racing Daily.

I cannot stand Godolphin, and I will admit that all day long, but I was very sad to see Electrocutionist had passed away, and I will feel very sad for any horse that is put down on or off the track, whether I have a particular fondness of them or not.

This site is one that remembers those who give us so much enjoyment. Click on ‘Message board’, and a list of many of those poor creatures put down this year are listed. http://racehorsememories.moonfruit.com/<br>

(Edited by jackane24 at 3:09 am on Oct. 15, 2006)

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1981

No, the only thing stopping others agreeing with you is the fact that the game would be better off without Lafi’s connections.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 317

Hello Jackane, heard an awful lot about you.

Not sure what I’ve done to offend you, though.

:biggrin:

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

The reason that I didn’t mention dj’s post was that he acknowledged sorrow for the loss of the horse.  My own reason for posting was sorrow at the loss of the horse too.  I didn’t post because I felt an overwhelming sence of urgency commiserate with connections.  But I am sure that there are people in the yard who will miss seeing Lafi in his box each morning, and in fact probably shed a tear, so my sincere condolences primarily go to them.<br>Most owners and trainers simply move on and re-strategize their campaign after a loss.  The strappers don’t.  They will have moreso lost a friend.

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

Who are Lafi’s connections?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Lafi is owned by a syndicate called Benton and Partners which I understand includes Henry Rix.

Ultimate Nightmare
    • Total Posts 326

Quote: from jackane24 on 1:53 am on Oct. 15, 2006[br]I cannot stand Godolphin<br>

J24 that’s not the way to welcome new members. ;)

Ultimate Nightmare
    • Total Posts 326

I missed to incident, it’s sad when any horse is badly injured no matter how good they are.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.