The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ladbrokes Champion Chase 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Ladbrokes Champion Chase 2021

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13806

Entries……

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/180/down-royal/2021-10-30/795475

Battleoverdoyen and Minella Indo are bound to be popular here, but I’ll have to look elsewhere.

I’ve always liked Delta Work, but last year was frustrating, and off a layoff, I might just sit him out here.

I’ve already bet Galvin for The Cross Country and The Grand National, and those seem like realistic targets, but as I’ve said before, I honestly think he’s up to running in The Gold Cup. If they decide to come here, I couldn’t possibly leave him, and I’d be confident he’d run a big race. Not convinced that he will run here, but if he does, I’ll definitely be betting him.

Frodon needs no introduction, and I’ve followed him for what seems like years now. I don’t think he’d be much of a price, but if as expected, Galvin doesn’t go here, then I’d be with him. This’ll probably be his last season running in races like this, and it looks a sensible target.

Got to give Fairyhill Run a mention. In the face of it, a surprise entry, but she’s going the right way, and a big run at Limerick on Sunday would put her bang there in this, especially with a handy allowance.

Frodon/Galvin

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1450

I wonder why battleoverdoyen was pulled from the Goff’s sept sales , as we all know I love him to bits so if he,s there I’ll def be playing

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4437

Road to Respect has won on seasonal reappearance every year- including this race twice- except his maiden hurdle run. He missed last season and will almost certainly be in decline now, although the latter could be said of most of the field. To coin a cliche, this is likely his gold cup.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1450

Indo should win but it’s sometimes wise to take on a GC winner first time after the race , as I’ve said plenty times some horses are never the same after it , im surprised Al boum photo isn’t here , I thought the plan was for him to run more times this season

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3306

Frodon would be the one for me. Will be hard fit for this + will enjoy the track.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13806

It’ll probably just be Frodon for me now, as doesn’t make much sense now to bet Galvin, having bet him for Gold Cup.

Delta Work remains of interest as well, even with those reservations over the layoff.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4437

Swapped a weekend on call and bought my tickets for the Saturday today…it’ll be the first time I’ve watched live racing since we lurked where the course crosses the road at a respectful distance from the only other lurker in spring 2020.

Could be the best field for the JNwine (sorry Lads) ever!

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3306

GAG, first year i’ve missed it (aside from covid) in years…..poor forward planning on my part!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4437

Are you going on Friday or missing the whole thing?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.