The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ladbrokes 5-A-Side Mare’s Novice Hurdle

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Ladbrokes 5-A-Side Mare’s Novice Hurdle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2944

Probably the worst name for a race ever.

Mrs Hyde sets the standard after touching off Verdana Blue at Wetherby, she gave VB weight and still managed to beat her. Verdana Blue in my opinion was clearly much below her best. She is giving weight to the field and while shes 140 rated, i would hope shes not good enough to do that.
    Estelle Ma Belle was the first of the Sullivan Bloodstock to win first time since their move to Nicholls from WPM. She was pretty well talked about when at Closutton but didn’t show it on her only run at Galway. While she won easily, the second has done nothign since, and i wouldn’t be expecting her to be a tip-top mare.
    Ahorsewithnoname is very interesting for Henderson having moved from Brian Ellison- she beat Wolf Prince on the flat but is coming from a long layoff.

Politesse for me is a very strong bet. Lorna Fowler is doing a great job with a small string and this mare looks very useful. She hinted at a nice degree of ability when beaten in third by Longhouse Poet + Monkfish on debut. She’s since proven that beating Fakiera (133 rated now) who won the Monksfield. She had to give him a pound which is unusual for a mare, but that’s race conditions!
    She returned at Down Royal 10/1>9/2 after 7months off, the trainer did say she would need the run, but hoped she would run well. The bare result makes her look disappointing, but for me her and Queens Brook go the front too soon and cut eachothers heads off. Politesse jumped the last badly and admitted defeat after that. Personally i think she’s much better than that and travelled very well for most of the race.

There is 3/1 available i believe now, i will be betting her anyway. :good:

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2539

She was 9/2 with hills earlier and I faffed around too long and missed it

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2944

I took it FF91, but considering the post was only up at 11.30 or so i couldn’t really put that price up…

Still would back her at this price, and i probably will again. Hopefully somewhere opens up bigger.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2539

Have taken some 100/30

Wouldn’t be surprised if this was heavily backed

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2546

Got an ew price about Mrs Hyde before today so hoping she is better than these, or place at worst.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.