The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

La Vizelle

Home Forums Memorials La Vizelle

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

Hi guys

Back again, still not watching or being involved in racing (can’t bear to watch) but still like to view the forum.

I’m only posting because of La Vizelle (AKA Dawn). She was a racehorse with Rae Guest many moons ago, ran 4 times, came nowhere, didn’t win a bean. No doubt due to this, she was sent to the after races sale, aged 2yrs, wasn’t bought and was on her way to slaughter.

Happily, Hillside Animal Sanctuary stepped in and took her. She was with them until very recently when she died aged a magnificent 24 years, after a short illness. She’d had a happy and healthy life until then. She’d been with them from just after they formed and I’ve sponsored her for just over 20 years. Heartbroken, but happy that she had a good life. Couldn’t think that any racing fan would know who she was so I had to post her details because I couldn’t bear that her passing would go unacknowledged. As an ex racehorse, she has a right to be on the forum.

For anyone that’s interested, my sponsorship is now going to go to Soul Train, previously with Dermot Weld. Hasn’t run since 2013 and I don’t know yet where he’s been in the meantime. He’s only 13 so hoping he’ll have a good life now.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16968

So glad you posted this Bonanza I was just in tbe process of doing it myself…

RIP..La Vizelle great granddaughter of Mill Reef you deserve to be remembered here. We will never forget you.

My letter came this morning and instead of the usual update on how La Vizelle (Dawn) was doing at the Sanctuary it was the saddest of all to advise of her passing…like you I am heartbroken.

I too have sponsored her since she arrived at Hillside Sanctuary and was lucky enough to visit her when we were staying nearby in Norwich and spend some time at the Sanctuary that does such a fantastic job rescuing not just horses but all creatures great and small, they are amazing and like you I am going to sponsor Soul Train a 13 year old son of Singspiel, in her memory, who has fallen on hard times lately but will soon find his feet with the love and support of Hillside Animal Sanctuary.

La Vizelle 1995-2019

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2993

Thanks for posting this. I never knew her but it’s nice to have a positive story on here (albeit sad that she’s now gone)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.