King Stands Stakes

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2014 King Stands Stakes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5565

MOVIESTA 25/1 was good winner at Goodwood last year be a better 4yo and can put a big run in.

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Bryan Smart has said they are favouring the Diamond Jubilee for Moviesta. I think that would be a mistake, as the horse’s best efforts have been at 5f and his most disappointing runs have been when the emphasis is on stamina.

Their logic is that the King’s Stand is a hotter race and the Jubilee might take less winning.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

trendyrichtrendyrich
    Participant
    • Total Posts 617

Moviesta doesn’t line up for the King’s Stand Stakes.

Hot Streak will be hard to beat, especially as she gets weight from the boys and being the top rated horse she’s effectively getting 6lbs plus the difference in the OR from her rivals.

She’s finished in the first 3 in all her races to date with the only exception being a Group 3 on the polytrack at Kempton last September.

Day 1 double with Night Of Thunder for me :)

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

I think it’s a big mistake switching Moviesta to the Diamond Jubilee, as it seems as clear as a bell to me that the horse is much better at 5f. Bryan Smart reckons the 6F race is less competitive but that will be little use if his horse weakens as he has done a few times when stamina is more of a question.

Just to add insult to injury for me Guerre has been switched in the opposite direction, into the Kings Stand. I had him at 33/1 and Moviesta at 25/1 and they are lining up in the opposite races now. Guerre is in to as low as 10/1 now.

Strangely enough, Moviesta was backed in for the Kings Stand into as low as 14/1 and it seems bizarre that the trainer prefers to line up in a race where he is 33/1 in the betting :roll:

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Moviesta doesn’t line up for the King’s Stand Stakes.

Hot Streak will be hard to beat, especially as she gets weight from the boys and being the top rated horse she’s effectively getting 6lbs plus the difference in the OR from her rivals.

She’s finished in the first 3 in all her races to date with the only exception being a Group 3 on the polytrack at Kempton last September.

Day 1 double with Night Of Thunder for me :)

Hot Streak is a colt, the weight differences are age allowances and penalties.

trendyrichtrendyrich
    Participant
    • Total Posts 617

Yes, you are right, I must have had Caledonia Lady in mind when posting earlier.

rich1985rich1985
    • Total Posts 1223

3 year olds don’t have a great record in this so my two against the field are season campaigners Sole Power and Shea Shea who have previous in this race. With the ground likely to be on the soft side of good I’ll give the Irish horse the nod.

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20978

Agree with rich on those especially if the ground is ‘genuine’ good to firm (good in places) :P

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    trendyrichtrendyrich
    Participant
    • Total Posts 617

Those two plus Hot Streak are the 3 that make up my trends listing. I hope the race lives up to expectations, Day 1 is looking like it could be a great start to the festival.

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Hot Streak should win this well. He showed a great burst last time and then got a bit lonely in front. The trainer rates him the best he has had and that’s with The Grey Gatsby in the yard. Sole Power needs it faster and I’ll be disappointed if Kevin Ryan isn’t smiling tomorrow afternoon.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4525

Hot Streak is the obvious one to beat but at current prices I can’t get too excited. The horse might look relatively straightforward but nothing is that straightforward with Spencer on board. I am not sure he knows what the phrase ‘keep it simple’ actually means.

rich1985rich1985
    • Total Posts 1223

Not convinced Sole Power needs it that quick these days so on genuine good ground I think he’ll take the beating. I don’t think Hot Streak will reverse the Palace House form so 9/2 will go for the Power.

Fran the manFran the man
    Participant
    • Total Posts 403

Chancing Pearl secret e/w,lightly raced and was placed in the race last year. Ran a good race last time against Hot Streak and is 2lb better off with him today. At the prices he’s the interesting 1 for me.

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Not convinced Sole Power needs it that quick these days so on genuine good ground I think he’ll take the beating. I don’t think Hot Streak will reverse the Palace House form so 9/2 will go for the Power.

Well done in keeping the faith Rich.

I was a little bit disappointed with how much Hot Streak found and had expected him to kick and make it harder than it was for Sole Power. With him failing to hold off 50/1 shot Stepper Point it looks like Hot Streak just wasn’t as good as his trainer seemed to hope and perhaps the horse needs a bit of cut to be at his best.

Sole Power is King for now and the young Prince had his aspirations to the crown firmly repelled today.

Hope you had a nice few quid on Rich!

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26354

Hot Streak goes on any going, but does now seem at his very best with some give in the ground. Sole Power got his firm surface again. It’ll be great to see them renew rivalry in a good ground Nunthorpe.

value is everything
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.