The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

King George VI Chase

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion King George VI Chase

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

The BBC site states that there are 11 acceptors at the 5-day stage, but they list 12 horses, which are (using Bet365 prices – L’Ami no price):

150/1 Ballycassidy<br>40/1 Commercial Flyer<br>16/1 Exotic Dancer<br>8/13 Kauto Star<br>N/R L’Ami<br>4/1 Monets Garden<br>14/1 Monkerhostin<br>150/1 Mr McGoldrick<br>40/1 Ollie Magern<br>150/1 Puntal<br>13/2 Racing Demon<br>20/1 Yes Sir

A watching brief for me probably unless a couple come out (like KS:biggrin: ) Ollie Magern may be worth an worth a very small EW punt because he does seem to be running a lot better this season while Monets Garden looks like a EW bet to nothing if he went off at 5/1.

aphardyaphardy
    • Total Posts 190

I think Racing Demon looked impressive in the Peterborough Chase, will like this trip even more and jumping to the right will be less of a worry round here than say, ooh Cheltenham.

My only worry is that even with Hen’s loving care, he hasn’t seemed to have got rid of his loony tunes behaviour – wrestling with other horses when loose, trying to knock out the wings of fences – but that grittiness might be invaluable in this.

Certainly wouldn’t be betting against Kauto Star to win, but should something happen to him (maybe several of the others bringing him down) the Demon might just be the one to profit.

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

According to RUK Michael Hourigan forgot to confirm Hi Cloy’s entry :o  what a plonker if that’s true.

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Quote: from aphardy on 4:17 pm on Dec. 20, 2006[br]I think Racing Demon looked impressive in the Peterborough Chase, will like this trip even more and jumping to the right will be less of a worry round here than say, ooh Cheltenham.

My only worry is that even with Hen’s loving care, he hasn’t seemed to have got rid of his loony tunes behaviour – wrestling with other horses when loose, trying to knock out the wings of fences – but that grittiness might be invaluable in this.

Certainly wouldn’t be betting against Kauto Star to win, but should something happen to him (maybe several of the others bringing him down) the Demon might just be the one to profit.<br>

<br>I take a similar view.

I might take a chance on Racing Demon I think this race is made for him.

Don’t expect he’ll beat Kauto Star but you never know your luck. It’d eat away at me for days if Racing Demon won and I didn’t back him so I suppose I’ve got to take a chance.

evens
    • Total Posts 11

<br> I tend to agree with the above, if any horse should be able to threaten the so called "cert" its the DEMON. its his style of racing that does it for me, the way the horse chomps away with the low head carriage. The DEMON oozes class, ok, so does kauto Star but i think the fav can be beaten on the grounds of he beat naff all over 3 mles at Haydock and the recent form of Mr.Nicholls hardly breads confidence. <br> I may be wrong, but then again, i may be right.<br> So my stake is going for the win on RACING DEMON the 2006 KING GEORGE WINNER.  

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Rather like the Tingle Creek the race is straightforward to assess. If Kauto Star gives his running, he wins. I cannot see any reason why he won’t give his running.

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

Yep, it’s basically "what odds a clear round?"

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

I think the Dude, Dude Lebowski oozes class, too. I mean by the Dude, Exotic Dancer, the great drop-oot, who seems to lope over his fences these days and marmalize ’em in the finish. He looks some athlete, doesn’t he?

(Edited by Grimes at 10:00 pm on Dec. 20, 2006)

Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

I backed Monet’s Garden at 5/1 long before Kauto Star was even being considered as a 3mile chaser, so slightly gutted about about that seeing as 13/2 has been readily available on the exchanges.

Had a small amount on Yes Sir to place at 6’s and they will be my only two bets.

If Kauto Star stands up he wins in my opinion, he will have too msny gears for these other 3mile chasers. The main worry is his jumping, they wont hang around and his jumping isnt always great when he’s going a fair clip.

Also be interesting to see what he finds if he’s made to battle in the last 2 or 3 furlongs……… will the stamina run out?????

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Quote: from Stormont on 11:30 pm on Dec. 20, 2006[br]I backed Monet’s Garden at 5/1 long before Kauto Star was even being considered as a 3mile chaser, so slightly gutted about about that seeing as 13/2 has been readily available on the exchanges.

Had a small amount on Yes Sir to place at 6’s and they will be my only two bets.

If Kauto Star stands up he wins in my opinion, he will have too msny gears for these other 3mile chasers. The main worry is his jumping, they wont hang around and his jumping isnt always great when he’s going a fair clip.

Also be interesting to see what he finds if he’s made to battle in the last 2 or 3 furlongs……… will the stamina run out?????

<br>I shouldn’t think Kauto Star’s stamina will run out not at Kempton.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Quote: from Stormont on 11:30 pm on Dec. 20, 2006[br]The main worry is his jumping, they wont hang around and his jumping isnt always great when he’s going a fair clip.<br>

They’ll go slower than they did in the Tingle Creek.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Whatever happens, in the unlikely event he doesn’t win it’ll get blamed on the Nicholls horses being a bit out of form and if he gets beat the winner will get a rating nowhere near Kauto’s. If KS stands up though surely it will win..

Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

The stamina is unlikely to run out, but we still cant say for sure how well he stays 3miles. sure, he won at Haydock oer the trip but we was not extended there, surely he cant win this on the bridle.

Ofcourse they are going to go slower than the tingle creek, but on speed for distance (if that makes sense) i think they will go quicker. The only way they are going to beat KS is by going very quick. His jumping isnt at his best when really travelling and they might just take the sting out of him in the closing stages. The majority of the others in stay 3miles and probably further. They are going to have to go quick if they have any chance of beating him.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

stormont

3m around Kempton is going to be far less of a test than 3m around Haydock, irrespective of the speed becuase they can’t go 2m pace in a 3m race. If he stays up he wins unless Monets Garden is another monster. The only place he COULD be found out is 3m 2f 110y around Cheltenham.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Quote: from Stormont on 10:50 am on Dec. 21, 2006[br]surely he cant win this on the bridle.<br>

I’ll be a bit disappointed to be honest of he doesn’t.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.