King George 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion King George 2019

This topic contains 23 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Venture to Cognac Venture to Cognac 2 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1933

Sad news re TOTG!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

Bummer but at least he still on the green side of the sod..I was worried when I saw your post! Back next year hopefully.

On a prosaic note- on the strength of this news – put a pound on LiT for the triple crown at the 66s?

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1933

66s probably doesn’t represent value overall does it? For all, he’s the one im most excited by too.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15795

Think that 66’s is ok Jack for a fun bet, might throw a couple of quid on that myself.

Contradicting myself here just a bit, agree it doesn’t look value, but it also looks a bit big. FFS, losing it.

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2603

Will Mullins keep his two Gold Cup winners apart and let one have a crack at the £1M bonus on offer?

Kris
    Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

How long has the bonus being going for Mark?

If he did go for it, I think that Kemboy would be the more likely, as the owners have always struck me as a very sporting lot.

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 781

Taken 16/1 EW La Bague Au Roi

Warren confirmed it’s Charlie Hall then this for LBAR.

I think she is a superb EW bet at 16’s for this. Of those ahead of her in the market you have Altior at 5/2 who has to prove himself up in trip. Clan Des Obeaux is 11/2 which is laughable off the back of winning one of the weakest renewals I can remember. Cyrname is an obvious danger but he has to prove himself over 3m in proper company. I am a huge fan of Lostintranslation and think he will emerge as the main charge this side of the Irish sea, but LBAR has already accounted for him and I think Kempton suits her more than it does him. Then you have Frodon at 12/1 who I don’t think will be good enough. Min at 14/1 who IMO races far too keenly for them to consider going further than 2m/2m5f.

Then you have LBAR at 16/1 who has solid 3m form in the book. You then have no trip concerns, no ground concerns, no course concerns, no right handed concerns, no age concerns, no target concerns and no ability concerns. This cant be said for any of the others ahead of her in the market so at this stage 16/1 EW looks the smart value play.

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1071

Altior

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15795

Charlie, I’m happy to have laid her off meantime, but I’ll be watching her comeback closely, as I’d have no problem with diving back in.

Seems the sensible option to me, as I share Joes concerns, and I’d like to see that she’s showing no Ill effects for her trip to Ireland.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.