The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champions Stakes 2006

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Champions Stakes 2006

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

What does everyone make of Kinane replacing, in effect, Soumillion on Hurricane Run? The only possible reason I can think of is Magnier & Tabor were not too happy with Christophe’s celebrations in the King George – why else would Fabre take his number one jockey off of HR, replacing him with Kinane, with who he has no ties.

I think CS realises what he did at the KG was out of order, and on several occasions since has appeared quite contrite over the whole issue.

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

Perhaps it’s just common sense: Kinane is now Coolmore’s de facto jockey in the UK, so why not give him the ride?

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

I doubt that his celebrations were any factor.<br>He won the race , thus did what was necessary.<br>The alternative explanation posted seems most likely.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

My bet on Sir Percy is looking bette and better :cool:

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

Big piece by James Willoughby in the RP this morning about how all is not well between Fabre and Soumillon at the moment.

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

Interesting. Unfortunately, I’m at work now so won’t be able to see the post till this evening – can anyone fill me in on what JW’s article is about?

Thanks,<br>Andrew

aston
    • Total Posts 168

Ill be backing HR again. I love the horse and it owes me absoultely nothing, but I have to say I have no faith in Kinane anymore. Too many times of late he leaves his horses with too much to do. Its tiresome and costly when your on.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

I would expect HR to be very handy if not making the running on Saturday.

bluechariot
    • Total Posts 569

Willoughby states that in the QE11 stewards enquiry the Belgian supported the Italian  and maybe that did not go done well with the Irish

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Willoughby hedges his bets in the same article by stating that the pair had words about the riding of a 2 year old at Maisons-Laffite.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

I hope you’re right, Aidan. He’s been a real champion over 12.

But I hope Maraahel wins, more!

(Edited by Grimes at 9:41 pm on Oct. 13, 2006)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.