Kilbeggan Midlands National 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Kilbeggan Midlands National 2019

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by jackh1092 jackh1092 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15442

Doesn’t usually get that much coverage, but normally a decent field, and this years looks pretty tough to figure out…..

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/2019-07-19-kilbeggan/20:15/winner

As per, a fair old whack are trained by Elliot, but one of his stands out in particular, Measureofmydreams. There was a fair weight of money for him in The Kim Muir, and he just never got involved. They’re persevering though, and he’s weighted to go well on his best form, for all this will be sharp enough. Possible excuses on subsequent runs, and I just think he can spring a small shock here.

No doubting the strength in depth of the Elliot squad, not least market leader Mill Quest, last years disqualified winner Timiyan, the resurgent Ned Stark, and particularly, the more than capable, Cecil Corbett, but I’m looking elsewhere for my second try.

Na Trachralai Abu ran a screamer in The Munster National, and looked the part at Killarney last time where he possibly did too much too soon. He’s got one of these in him, and I don’t see any reason why he can’t make the four here.

As well as the Elliot team, JP also has a strong hand himself, and if Oscar Knight can cut out the errors, then he could outrun his odds, while if Riviera Sun managed to sneak in, then I might end up three handed.

Two’s more than enough though. Haven’t bet this pair yet, as hoping to beat current odds, but I’ll definitely be with them…..

Measureofmydreams 12’s
    Na Trachtalai Abu 14’s

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1805

Perhaps the trip and maybe the race being slower run will help Barra’s jumping. Won her beginners here, albeit vs not much formwise. Did it easy and over 2m6.

Since then she ran promising behind Camelia de Cotte + Pravalaguna off a 9 month layoff. I thought she shaped nicely there + would be winning soon. Well, that hasn’t went to plan! She’s jumped bad + generally not look 100% a chaser yet.

Tentative selection but with Blackmore on board, 10/1 isn’t a bad price if she can put a performance together.

There’s been early money for Rathnure Rebel, presumably in the hope the heavens open which the forecast does suggest. Pulled on good ground twice, and very fragile.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2257

Tesseract ran respectably the last couple of times. Might have an EW tickle on him tomorrow.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15442

Good luck guys.

Jack, I had similar concerns about Rathnure, but there does seem to be plenty of cash about for him.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1805

Rainfall weather warning for the area probably has pleased his backers!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.