The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kempton’s Fight Club

Home Forums Horse Racing Kempton’s Fight Club

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1988

I know I shouldn’t, as I’m breaking the first two rules of the club, but I thought both an apology was needed for events at Kempton on Saturday and a request to make sure this sort of thing doesn’t happen again.

A few months ago myself and a few like-minded souls, alienated from the modern world, decided to have a regular meet-up to engage in mass brawls in order to relieve the monotony of it all. We wanted somewhere top secret for our underground club where we wouldn’t be found out, disturbed or bother anyone else. Taking our cue from the Council of Fourteen, we decided that Kempton’s grandstand on racedays fitted the bill perfectly.

Sadly, this Saturday we failed to notice that it was a ‘Premier’ meeting, where sixteen runner handicaps were for once allowed and paying customers would actually be in attendance. Me and the boys would like to apologize for any distress caused.

We’d also like to put in a request for Kempton to get rid of these couple of Premier meetings each year on spurious safety grounds, so that Saturday’s events aren’t repeated. I mean it’s just not safe running these 16 runner handicaps there. Whenever they are put on people notice a mass brawl breaking out in the grandstand.

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

The brawl on Saturday reported to involve 12 people, plus 2 horses being destroyed marred what otherwise seemed a succesful day with a good crowd.

I couldn’t understand the course’s explanation that there were security staff present but they were all in plain clothes. I’d have thought that some high visibility yellow jackets would have brought more public reassurance

gumshield
    • Total Posts 119

High-visibility jackets are usually handed out at the turnstiles at Kempton to make it easier to spot fellow racegoers.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6226

gumshield

With your choice of handle we have to bow to your superior knowledge on this thread.

Rob

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

I have to admit to being very much in the dark with regards to what actually happened at Kempton after reading the posts on this thread so far….

As it stands, a twelve-man brawl spilled out onto the track itself, resulting in the death of two horses? :?

Or did sixteen handicapped men destroy two horse’s?

Either way, it’s sounds terrible.

phil walker
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

Two horses killed? Surely not otherwise there would have been mass outrage and reporting of the story.

More than likely the 12-man brawl involved the boozed-up brigade which most racecourses are more than happy to let in through their turnstiles nowadays. But Kempton probably got a big attendance and made a lot of money, so why should they care.

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Two horses killed? Surely not otherwise there would have been mass outrage and reporting of the story.

More than likely the 12-man brawl involved the boozed-up brigade which most racecourses are more than happy to let in through their turnstiles nowadays. But Kempton probably got a big attendance and made a lot of money, so why should they care.

Harlestone Snake and Curtain Call were fatally injured in separate incidents

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.