The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kempton 2.45 – Graduation Chase…

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Kempton 2.45 – Graduation Chase…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 2440

Looks a good, competitive race there today.

Penzance goes back over fences for the first time in about a year and a half i think, whilst Pur De Sivola should run well today too.

Imsingingtheblues has another chase to really stamp his Arkle credentials.

Has anyone had a good look at the race today? ? ?

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Would be surprised if anything can beat I’msingingtheblues today. Potentially a 160+ chaser. Jumped very well last time and beat a well regarded rival.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I’msingingtheblues was always error prone over hurdles, particularly when taken on at the business end. He had things all his own way on his chasing debut, but with 3 decent sorts that like to be up with the pace, that’s unlikely to be the case today.
    Has always struck me as horse that needs a stiffer test than today’s too, so I’d be a layer rather than a player.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Agree with reet that I’msingingtheblues won’t get things all his own way up front today, but I have no reason to believe that jumping will be a problem. Looking forward to seeing Briareus back, personally.

Pro Handicapper
    • Total Posts 17

Poor shout Friggo, reet hard.

You’ve got nothing solid in the race running for you taking on I’msingingtheblues. Come on fellas.

• Total Posts 41

I’msingingtheblues is once again a chance to print money from the Master that is Paul Nicholls. Couldn’t believe when he was 4/5..WOW! :shock:

BennyB
    • Total Posts 235

Can’t see what will beat Imsingingtheblues, but probably going to give it a swerve, betting wise, as he’s a bit short.

Would back him at evens or better.

trackside528
    • Total Posts 137

I’msingingtheblues was always error prone over hurdles, particularly when taken on at the business end. He had things all his own way on his chasing debut, but with 3 decent sorts that like to be up with the pace, that’s unlikely to be the case today.
    Has always struck me as horse that needs a stiffer test than today’s too, so I’d be a layer rather than a player.

I don’t see how I’msingingtheblues will be disadvantaged by a strong pace at all. On the contrary, a good gallop should suit him ideally I would think, allowing him to settle and get into a rhythm.

The notion that he has to have things his own way in front is not backed up by his form (his best winning form last year was when coming from off a strong pace to beat Snap Tie at Cheltenham last November). I would be very surprised if the ride he was given the last day at Kempton was a result of a permanent change of tactics.

I’m not saying I’msingingtheblues will win BTW (I actually have no strong opinion on the race!)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

A strong pace won’t necessarily be against him, but he had an uncontested lead in a weak race last time. With Briareus and the nutcase that is Gentle John, that won’t happen today.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I don’t see how I’msingingtheblues will be disadvantaged by a strong pace at all. On the contrary, a good gallop should suit him ideally I would think, allowing him to settle and get into a rhythm.

The notion that he has to have things his own way in front is not backed up by his form (his best winning form last year was when coming from off a strong pace to beat Snap Tie at Cheltenham last November). I would be very surprised if the ride he was given the last day at Kempton was a result of a permanent change of tactics.

I’m not saying I’msingingtheblues will win BTW (I actually have no strong opinion on the race!)

Trackside

God only knows how you came to some of the conclusions you have.from what I wrote. :lol:
    A re-read might be in order?

• Total Posts 2440

Briareus has done really well there, especially after a long time off the track, against Imsingingtheblues, who has already had a race this season.

Very good training performance.

batman
    • Total Posts 489

Briareus has done really well there, especially after a long time off the track, against Imsingingtheblues, who has already had a race this season.

you should be a race caller Gaz!!! :lol:

andythornton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 171

yes,a wonderful comeback performance by briareus!!!if he doesnt bounce after this,he could well go on from there..

• Total Posts 2440

you should be a race caller Gaz!!! :lol:

Definately, i think so too.

:lol: :wink: :wink:

batman
    • Total Posts 489

but in fairness it was a great battle from the winner if he holds that form he could be a real good horse and there should be more improvement to come…

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Gigginstown Man walking to the Open meeting?

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Good shout Reet.

Briareus was a horse I liked a lot a few years and it is some training performance by Balding to bring him back against a race fit Nicholls inmate.

He is a trainer who is getting better every year.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.