Keltbray Swinley Chase 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Keltbray Swinley Chase 2019

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Venture to Cognac Venture to Cognac 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15431

This looks a risky Antepost proposition to me, so I should sit this one out, but I’m tempted…..

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/2/ascot/2019-02-16/721298

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/keltbray-swinley-chase/winner

Regal Encore is a horse I always give a good word to, and he runs well here, including when landing this last year. He’s only two pounds higher this time around, and although this could be a significantly hotter renewal, there’s plenty to like from a yard who’ve hopefully turned the corner after their issues.

Minella Rocco, another JP contender, would be interesting, but he’s always risky Antepost, and I’m in no rush to do so here. Certainly interesting on the day.

I’ve a lot of time for Black Corton, but this is one of three potential targets for him, and I’d probably prefer him to head for Kempton, while Coneygree is far too big at 14’s, and it’s probably his presence that’s making me hold off on Regal Encore.

Undecided then, and both at the same odds, both make appeal. Course form for Regal Encore, and Coneygree, who’s looked almost as good as ever this term. Tricky decision, and maybe make sense to back the pair of them on the day only, albeit at shorter odds.

No bet, but for now…..

Coneygree 14’s
    Regal Encore 14’s

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15431

Wish I had taken the 14’s on that pair, but not to be.

I would still be as keen on them here though at half the price, while Black Corton heading here instead of Kempton, just complicates matters further. He was available at a crazy 9-2 earlier, so I had to have him as a saver, that just looked wrong.

Coneygree looks to have a real chance, he’s been really thriving this term, but I have to be with Regal Encore here as well at 10’s. I’d certainly top up if he went bigger.

Cracking wee race this, and I even like the look of Smooth Stepper now as well.

Black Corton 9-2
    Regal Encore 10’s

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.