The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kate Ryan

Home Forums Lounge Kate Ryan

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

This woman has the best voice i’ve heard in a long while.  I know her music won’t be to everyones tastes but IMO she is absolute class.

She did Belgium’s Eurovision entry for last year

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … D=58014388

Above is her myspace, particularly check out Je t’Adore and Stepping Out :)

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

I trust you’re also familiar with her cover version of Mylene Farmer’s stellar Eurohit Desenchantee from some years ago now? Prefer the original but this was by no means a bad stab.

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Not heard the original GC but really like Desenchantee, no idea why she doesn’t release her work over here :(

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

Downloading her album right now…

Kate Ryan Website

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

She looks a bit like someone else in my life right now but difference is Miss Ryan can sing ;)

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

She looks a bit like someone else in my life right now

So, that’s what Cormack looks like?

zome
    • Total Posts 232

She’s hot.

I’m in.

:cool:

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Zome has great taste – tiz official.

Jepps Steve, I always thought Corm was a bloke.  Could make things awkward when I see the missus again :(

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Quote: from Irish Stamp on 7:09 pm on Jan. 30, 2007[br]Not heard the original GC but really like Desenchantee, no idea why she doesn’t release her work over here :(<br>

<br>She’s on EMI Belgium, which is content to release her stuff across the whole of mainland Europe except here.

I presume there is a perception that the UK music-buying public is still generally sneerily dismissive of overtly Europop artists, even though the likes of Vengaboys and their dreadful ilk have sold by the warehouse-load over here. Her reading of Desenchantee didn’t do too badly in the club charts over here, albeit on import only.

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Thanks Jeremy.

I think I may be in the minority then over here, ie. someone who thinks that Eifel 65’s album Europop is the perfect warm up to a good night out :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.