The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Junoob

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sberrysberry
    • Total Posts 1801

Runs today in a Hcap at Lingfield, just missed out winning the Quebec stakes in a good time, the Winter Derby should be in future plans.

What gets me is why, when the horse was picked up for a bargain 3.5k in the October sales from HA Maktoum, did Amy Weaver run the horse in a couple of 1k claimers losing the horse for 12k on the second run?

Okay, I suppose they made a short-term profit and perhaps it is un-exposed, improving or just didn’t appear that good but seems like one was dropped there.

kozma
    • Total Posts 11

and his times on the AW have been respectable (eased down last time). Maybe fears over his soundness – he was off for 100 days last summer after winning on gd to firm. Should be an interesting race and you would have to think he has a big chance – RP Spotlight describes him as a natural on the AW. In the same race Zacynthus looks interesting EW as the trip should suit and Licence to Till is reliable. Combination forecasts all round!

sberrysberry
    • Total Posts 1801

And picks up 19k for comfortably winning the winter derby trial – must be even more sorry now.

jonnyrotten
    • Total Posts 22

not so simple my guess is junoob prob not 100% sound so when you get it home from sales and its not 100% why not win something its not amys fault the claimers are only £1700 to the winner, the horse is obviously coping well and thriving now but would be difficult to predict this after sale

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

The average trainer, and I emphasize average, will jump at a quick couple of grand in this day and age.They live from cheque to cheque.A horse could break his leg even while they(trainer)sleep.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.