Joni's Poni's Season 8

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Joni's Poni's Season 8

This topic contains 192 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Triptych Triptych 2 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 193 total)
  • Author

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

Thanks guys. Yes it was really a case of what might have been yesterday. I backed First Eleven all last year but stupidly deserted him for another Frankel and then Frankellina was surely unlucky having missed the break. I really hope they send her to the Oaks as I think she would have a great chance over the longer trip. Still we made a slight profit on the day and these early days are all about gathering evidence for the rest of the season. Lots of lessons learnt!

Unfortunately Jac I now have to work on Friday afternoon – in Newmarket of all places! – so will be tantalising close to the track but unable to see any of the racing!! I’ll be there soon I promise.

On to today and finally the return of Too Darn Hot and Line Of Duty. They were my AP hopes for the Guineas and the Derby and I am really hoping that at least one of them shines today. Of the two, Line Of Duty has apparently had the better preparation and, at the prices, I have had a little bet on him. He is a Group 1 winner who was always likely to be better over further and his shrewd trainer held him back from the Guineas to aim for this race. TDH could just be far too…hot but he may be vulnerable first time up even though his brilliant trainer would surely not let him run if he didn’t have him close to full fitness. It looks a really good Dante this year and I also like Telecaster who has made such an impression in his two starts this season. His form with Bangkok has worked out well and he has improved since then so he could also run a nice race. Obviously you can never ignore one of Aiden’s but he has said that the horse had a setback and so he may struggle in such a good race. All in all it should tell us a lot and I have gone for a couple of ew’s to beat the fav but included him in some forecast’s just to cover.

Elsewhere on the day I am also a massive fan of Lah Ti Dar but she may just be vulnerable over this shorter trip and Sir Michael’s Rawdaa caught the eye last time and might just cause an upset.

Finally I also like Beringer who is a very strong traveller and has only been put up a couple of pounds for his win last time.

£25ew Rawdaa – 13-2 – York 2.25 placed
    £25ew Line Of Duty – 7-1 – York 3.00 lost
    £25ew Telecaster – 13-2 – York 3.00 winner
    £25ew Beringer – 5-1 – York 3.35 lost
    £25 st f/c Too Darn Hot with Line Of Duty and Telecaster
    £15 rev f/c Telecaster and Line Of Duty

We have a £5ew Trixie going on as well btw. Happy to post the screen copy!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

-£622.27

A nice winner in Telecaster but again a case of what might have been as I stupidly didn’t reverse the forecast and we got touched off with Rawdaa. Also very disappointed with Line Of Duty who ran no sort of race and with the news that Too Darn Hot is out of the Derby. Nothing quite going right yet but you get this in racing sometimes. You have to hang on in there and trust that things will turn around if you keep doing the right thing..

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

Early bet for tomorrow as the money is already coming in for Twist N’ Shake who has been working well and will be tough to beat.

£100 win Twist N’ Shake – 11-4 – York 2.25 lost

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8285

Disappointing to see Too Darn Hot get beaten today Joni and as you said Line Of Duty showed us nothing but well done with Telecaster I completely missed his form witb Bangkok.

Now with TDH out of the Derby it makes me wonder whether he may just go straight to stud ..a real head scratcher as to who is going to dominate the Group races this flat season and possibly a real champion is yet to emerge.

While you’re working in Newmarket tomorrow Joni try and pop over to Palace House and say hello to Big Orange :bye: We’re seeing him before we go racing, he’s only there until June.

Good luck with Twist “N Shake :good: and sorry not to see you tomorrow, but think the racing is better class on Saturday and judging by tonight’s results at HQ it might be a tricky card. Hope to see you there one day soon..Jac :rose: x

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

I think he’ll still win races Jac – just over that shorter trip. He ran well today especially considering his interrupted programme but he was just outstayed. I’d be surprised if he didn’t win more G1’s this year.

Not sure I’ll have the time to visit Palace House but I’ll put it on my list of places to go!

One more bet for tomorrow. I like Ed Walker as a trainer and he has a progressive filly called Fille De Reve running tomorrow. I backed her a couple of times last year and I always thought she looked smart. I know they are trying to get her in the Wokingham so she’ll need to win before then to have a high enough mark. Tomorrow could be the day.

£50ew Fille De Reve – 11-2 – Newbury 2.10 lost
    £25 win double Fille De Reve and Twist N’ Shake

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

Another disappointing day with Twist N’ Shake getting touched off and the other one running no sort of race. But we keep on going and I have a few bets for tomorrow.

I’m keeping faith with Without Parole who should go close if running to form. I like Thrave in the last for Henry Candy. William Haggas can do no wrong at the moment and his Sinjaari will run a big race as will Sea Of Faith.

£50ew Sinjaari – 15-4 (4 places) – Newbury 3.00 placed
    £25ew Without Parole – 11-1 – Newbury 3.40 lost
    £75 win Sea Of Faith – 2-1 – Newbury 4.50 lost
    £50ew Thrave – 4-1 – Newbury 5.25 placed
    £5win Lucky 15

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8285

I also backed Twist ‘N Shake today Joni and couldn’t believe she got touched off as she had given Maqsad such a good race. Did have a nice win on UAE Prince which made up for it.

You wouldn’t believe how quiet it was at Newmarket today (and cold and damp) almost had the place to ourselves. An extremely difficult card to find winners and VELORUM must have gone into a lot of notebooks today, very impressive win.
    I backed Desert Icon in his race and got 11/1 each way, he looked a picture and ran a decent race but nothing was going to catch the winner. Had to wait for the last race to get a winner in Emily Goldfinch at 14/1 :yahoo:

Tomorrow it’s Al Hilalee for me and EW on Yousini in the 3.15 Newmarket who made a miraculous run from an impossible position last time out to almost catch the winner. Well Of Wisdom is my best at Newbury 4.15 and the Amanda Perrett’s Lavender’s Blue in the 4.50 Newbury, she made an impressive start at Newmarket Craven Meeting beating Maamora and Alandalos.

Can report that Big Orange is fit and well but still can’t be ridden so he is just having a nice holiday with the Retraining Of Racehorses charity and being thoroughly spoilt. He is there until June and then goes back to the Gredleys to be even more spoilt. :heart:

Hope you have a good day tomorrow Joni, I’ll be cheering them home for you. :rose: Jac

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

One thing I can GUARANTEE you at the moment – if 2 horses are charging towards the line together, the one I backed will finish 2nd. :(

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8285

Me too Joni :scratch:
    If you get a chance to watch Lavender’s Blue race she is all over the winner and then Queen Power steals it from her on the line ..last time I was on Queen Power she was collared a sh.hd by Muchly .. :unsure:

I didn’t get to Newmarket today as my husband was taken into hospital 6.00am this morning with excruciating pain that turned out to be two kidney stones. From his past brushes with bad health that diagnosis was a relief and he’s just in overnight for observation as one may still cause the pain to return.

Hope we’ll all be back on track soon Joni and those horses start realising where the winning post is. :rose: Jac

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

Glad it was nothing too serious Jac – must have been a worry though! Yes – let’s hope things turn around this week and we start banging in those winners again x

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

Sir Michael is on fire and he has some big chances tomorrow. I’ve backed Regal Reality who ran really well first time up this season and will have improved for that run. I’ve included the others in a fun Lucky 15.

£100 win Regal Reality – 7-4 – Sandown 7.35 winner
    £2.50ew Lucky 15 Regal Reality, Mekong, Sangrias and Madeeh

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 566

Well done Joni with RR :good:
    To be honest I also gave him my trust and money :yahoo:
    Moreover I played the winning Barney Roy at Longchamp today,
    but nobody else seemed to care, probably they are already in TDH fever :yes:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

Thanks HB! He looks potentially Group 1 I think. Well done with Barney Roy – likewise he’ll be back lining up in all the big races.

I’ve had a little bit on East for the Irish 1,000. She ran a great race first up in Longchamp and has apparently taken the race well. I’m not convinced the English version was great quality and we might see a different result on Sunday..

£50ew East – 8-1 – Irish 1,000, The Curragh Sunday

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2121

Good luck with East Joni, it would be great addition to the Frankel thread :-)

I missed the Barney Roy race Hein- did he look good? Really hoping he has a great year, gorgeous horse.

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 566

Unfortunately I can’t tell you about Barney’s looks GaG, as from France racebets only offer German audio comment.
    But it got evident that he was far too god for this French bunch, Doyle only had to push the button once and the winner was clear :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 193 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.